NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's true!

Why does Clifford stink so bad?? It's not breeding season! I need some seasonal breeders lol, he's gonna be horrible this fall!

Organized and cleaned most of the kitchen today. Then started cleaning up part of the yard we want the pigs in for a bit. Got eaten by black flies and came back in to clean some more! Spring cleaning... Times a thousand.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to can my two, label the jars Mean Rooster and give to our 3 year old grand daughter! LOL LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why does Clifford stink so bad?? It's not breeding season!
Tell that to Conan.....I mean he's just a "baby" at 4 months and he's peeing on his face and legs. He hangs out at the fence line and the girls come and tease him... Red is the worst - she's definitely pulling a 'cougar' move on him. I just don't get it! Everything about the seasons has shifted! The goats don't know what to do - the garden doesn't know what to do - crazy times I tell ya!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah Clifford is peeing all over himself too. He's 3/4 Nigerian but still dude, come on! He's getting moved as soon as we can grab a couple more cattle panels so they won't share a fence line anymore!

Conan might be a super buck lol I can't wait to see what he grows up like!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And lockdown begins! 9 eggs in there. I candled them while I was taking the egg turner out. What's day 18 supposed to look like? 6 I couldn't see anything, just blocked out the light. The other 3 I could see were mostly dark.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dorkings were pretty darn good, they just didn't do our winters (which is weird cause they're supposed to be cold hardy). To me, chicken tastes like chicken. So I don't care what we raise! Now, heritage turkeys on the other hand... Delicious!

Yay, so hoping for a good hatch!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok, because I'm brain dead today - do you have Turkeys setting - or do you have some in the incubator - or are you just speaking in future terms? Or am I just totally confused in general? Geeze, I'm working too hard! (so unusual for my job, lol!)