NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We went to the science center today (wild animal rehab and education). One of the deer came right up to us, apparently it's my day for deer!

Waiting for the turkey people to arrive now...

We're forecasted to get 1.75" of rain (or more) tonight through tomorrow. We need every bit of it!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahh, sounds like fun at the science center. Sounds like you are a deer magnet today.

Hope the turkey people show up and that your rain is just the right amount!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the turkeys got a good home, where they can have the superior intellect. :gig

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Those people... Were.... Of lesser intelligence than average. But he turkeys are gone and no arguing over price and we are now goat, pig and chicken farmers lol!
Yee! Yee! No turkeys.
That is just about every transaction that I make with livestock. I'm not sure why.

Sounds like the turkeys got a good home, where they can have the superior intellect. :gig

:lol:
That is saying something really. Every turkey I ever owned was stupid.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know, my heritage turkeys have always been fairly intelligent. They just don't see well so they sometimes look dumb but they're way smarter than chickens!

It is seriously pouring rain today. So, so much rain! Flash flood warnings! Going to reorganize the deep freezer, inventory what's in there, make some cheese, and hang with the girls. DH is only working for a few hours so he'll be home before too long too!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for needed rain! Sounds like you'll make good use of the rain day. I need to do the same to my freezer. Enjoy!