NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bet! I usually feel that way from December to March!

Weighed the GG's this morning. I hadn't gotten a previous weight on Gidget but Lucy has gained 3.5lbs since her vet appointment and Gidget is 2lbs heavier than her. So, sounds good! I don't know much about growth rates on full size goats but as long as the numbers go up I guess that's good. Have to bring a fecal in Friday. If they're clear they're going in the barn. Not with the others, cause I've got bullies. The GG's got out on accident the other day and Bellini immediately went after them. DH was not impressed. It cemented our plans.

Have to shuffle some pigs around today and finish tomato supports. Then pulled pork and fireworks!

Happy 4th!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yum! Pulled pork sounds delicious right now! I haven't done anything for the 4th except make a dump cake that I'm taking to dad and the other folks at the assisted living facility. Can't keep it here or DH and I will inhale it. Not a good plan for someone who's trying to lose weight and another one who's diabetic.

Goat weight going up sounds good! Shame on Bellini - if she's not careful....

Ya'll have fun!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are at the high end of elevation for our county. Average is probably 450 feet. Sorry that you are having such heat. We're used to it and expect it this time of year. But you-nope. Bring on the fall! (still hot for us, but better than now)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We'll be 10 degrees cooler next week. Still hot but better! Today is the last day of 90+ and it's humid. Tomorrow should be stormy, cold front coming in. OK by me!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah woke up to thunder. I love it. We are in a moderate drought and we need the rain, I hope it continues, even though DH is supposed to be siding a house today. Oh well!

We have a ton to do this weekend. We got nothing done last week because it was too hot. The GG's need hoof trimmings and CDT shots, we need to put Charlotte in the pen we'll use for farrowing and put the new gilt in with Stanley (and hope she stays in the electric fence). And put the last of the supports in for the tomatoes. Plus my parents are moving most of their stuff this weekend so we'll help them. It'll be busy!

Today is library and grocery shopping.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you get the perfect amount of rain. We are back in a constant state of wetness again. Rained Wednesday, yesterday, today...calling for on and off rain through next week - yay?

How close is Charlotte? Baby piggies? Weeeee! They are so darn cute - you're gonna love 'em. Mine are not born loveable and squeezable but as soon as they figure out that you bring treats - they become quite friendly.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Umm... I don't actually know. My guess is August but we got them and she had been with him a while. She isn't that big yet but she's got some belly going on.

My nephew just left after 2 weeks up here. That's ... Fun. So much family drama.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
X2 on the rain! I wish we'd get some, but at least it's much cooler here now. This summer was brutal, I keep hearing about parts of the States getting roasted and then the storms? Just crazy...