NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh today was dump day, then DH mowed the lawn. I puttered inside and played board games with DD1 for a bit at the picnic table... Then she got stung by a hornet. Oh, the drama!!! Amazingly, she survived. It rained a lot this morning, and the next three days are going to be HOT. My tomato plants are insanely large with the heat and rain.

The stupid Cornish roo is still alive and kicking. He can't get me through the fence but he still makes me angry when he tries. Which is every single day.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no - poor DD1! She's been catching heck lately...how's her leg? We were surprisingly cool today - but only because we were overcast most of the day.

Do you have less goat mouths to feed? Weren't you possibly going to have buyers this weekend?

Stupid roo!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someone is coming to look at them shortly.

Her leg seems fine. The steri-strips kind of keep you from seeing much so all I can really tell is it's not infected! They're peeling off on the ends but doing so rather slowly. Hand's still a little swollen today but isn't bothering her.

The rooster went after the chick today, think DH will move a little faster on getting rid of him. He's also responsible for some missing feathers on our last Dominique hen from our old roo. That doesn't fly here dude!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someone is coming to look at them shortly.
Woo Hoo! Hope they fall in loooove with 'em.

Glad DD is healing up from all her trauma! Hey, what new accomplishments and/or milestones is DD2 doing these days?

That rooster needs to run away from home! Like - as far away as your freezer!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD2 is still toothless. And doesn't have a lot of hair either lol. She is rolling over, sitting up by herself and babbling a lot. And grabbing things. And she scoots backwards on her belly and she so wants to crawl, but can't quite do it yet! She adores all food except green beans. She LOVES the animals!

Yeah I hate that rooster. Freezer, coyote bait, don't care lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD2 is still toothless. And doesn't have a lot of hair either lol. She is rolling over, sitting up by herself and babbling a lot. And grabbing things. And she scoots backwards on her belly and she so wants to crawl, but can't quite do it yet! She adores all food except green beans. She LOVES the animals!
Ahhhhhhhhh! What a fun age! (enjoy it before she gets mobile, lol!)

My grandson NEVER crawled...I know they say there can be problems with kids who didn't crawl but he's a flipping genius. He would army scoot everywhere. Now, I could put him up on his hands and knees and he would rock and smile and then he'd flop right down on his belly and scoot everywhere he wanted to go. Silly kid!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aw cute! Nah I've heard of plenty of kids that skip crawling and they only sees concerned if they don't find an alternative way to get around. At least the docs here.

The witches are gone. Patty's going back in the big stall tonight, she'll be happy (and her little wether friend). Two less mouths to feed. Kind of sad, in some ways, because I really thought I wanted to be a mini breeder. But turns out, I guess I don't.

Don't feel great today, my stomach is bothering me and now I'm getting a headache. I think I didn't drink enough and now I'm trying to catch up! It's hot and humid again, and will be for a few more days. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay for the sale - but I kinda get it about changing gears. I do it all the time! But, look at your alternative...GG's!

Really hope you feel better - no fun being puny and under the weather.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, stomach is already better. Head still hurts but I've had chronic migraines since I was 19 so.... I can deal.

GG's continue to gain weight at a good rate. Yay! Clifford is getting chunky, maybe he needs to go on the "rut diet" with Dusty lol!! Patty is almost up to the right weight, that was fast. I haven't even really been graining her much, just decent hay. Woohoo!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Clifford is getting chunky, maybe he needs to go on the "rut diet" with Dusty lol!!
I hope that moving Dusty into the corner pen with no fence line access to does that he won't drop as much weight this year. The other thing is that he always loses patches of hair on his sides about the size of a folded dollar bill. Yesterday I found out why, lol. He lets the big Kinder buck rub his head on him....what's up with that?