NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Soooo - when you get your new house ... do they take the old one out and put the new one mostly in the same spot - or is the new house in a new spot altogether and the old one will stay there?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are adding to our concrete slab (while the current place is here) and then we have to move this place and put the new one here. It'll be weird because we'll be in a new house in the exact same spot lol. I bet it messes the dogs up!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you move your stuff/boxes after your old house is moved off the slab and new house is in place?

Moving is a fabulous opportunity to convince hoarders to let go of some stuff. ;)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No we can't, well most likely not anyway. There's a guy we kinda know who's "homeless " who wants it, despite the issues (he's a carpenter and single so have at it man) and it'll have to be moved by the people who bring our house that same day. That is, if he comes up with money for them. But otherwise, yeah probably could happen.

And YES DH is already letting go of things! I love it!!

I'm missing a chicken. You know, the one DH cares most about. I think hawk, there's a couple feathers and nothing else. The foxes usually leave half a chicken's worth of feathers behind in a trail. Haven't told him. Yet.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chicken is back. Apparently she decided she lives with the goats now, lol. No house news yet...