Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, And I'd just like to point out one thing.....

glenolam said:
I hate to say it, but with the flood I'm sure your goaties will decide it's time to kid just at the point when you're going to need a boat to get to them!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh my, you gals are high-larious!

SD, that song was great :clap

Good luck with your goaties and your weather.

Your journal is like a pile up on the freeway....I don't wanna look, but how can I not?? :gig

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Row, row, row yer boat
Gently down the stream....

Who's joining me in singing rounds?

Jav?? :lol:

Merily, merily, merily, merily
Life is but a dr.....

Hey....who jumped in the stream and made it a jacuzzi with bubbles?!? That's not too dreamy to me!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Luckily it's Friday so I get to dress down for work and I just wore my barn clothes. If they don't like the smell - get outta my office.
:lol: :gig :lol: :gig

I'm glad there is something to laugh about as this weather is KILLING me! I had to trudge through knee high drifts to get to the barn. We also have a drift that is about waist high in our turnaround but luckily I didn't have to go through that. :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok what is blowing?

or WHO is blowing?

why is everything blowing?

funny thing is we got super high winds here today...blow ya off the back porch. opening a door ya take your life into your hands LOL

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:gig Thanks SD. I didn't want anyone to keel over because my voice is worse than the gas here.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one with rats - er, I'm sorry you all have rat problems. I took last week when it was sunny and in the 60's to shovel out the straw from the hen run. My bestus rat dog was at my side, digging, sniffing. Now this is the same dog that just lays around, has a bum leg and everything. When she came out of that run, she was covered in dirt, her nose almost up to her eyes was dirty. We unearthed 2 nests with babies about as big as my middle finger - which was what I gave them as I threw them to the chickens. Woohoo! Protein for the girls.

Yuk! I'm glad Gary eats most of the eggs.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
which was what I gave them as I threw them to the chickens.
THATS how to get 'er done! ha!

SD - LOVE your song!!! yay!! did everyone see? hee hee hee i'm gonna be singing it all day! yay!

so the update on Debbie is...

she is definitely faking it. and yes i trudged out there in the middle of the night to check her.

NOTHING

so i'm gonna start ignoring her. it worked last time. i'm not letting her out of the pen yet b/c its blowing and snowing so hard that no one is going outside... so she'll just have to sit there until those little moneymakers are on the ground.

i think she's just messing with me at this point.

goats = frustrating!

i think she's in cahoots with aggieterpkatie ewe... grrrr.....

at this rate Nibbles is gonna have her babies before Debbie!

so

today we went into town and got supplies for the snowmageddeon. actually here its just blowing really hard and cold. i think the other Ohio folks are getting it worse. we had rain rain rain and more rain all nite and up until 5am (which i was out there). then it changed to snow. so we basically have mud-poop-soup with a layer of snow and ice.

superduper!

but

the amish lady brought fresh rolls to the store in town so i'm on a sugar high so i dont care WHAT debbie does today... nothing can knock the sillies out of my sugar-induced mania!

whoooot!

everybody sing:
We-de-de-de
De-de-de-de-de
De-we-um-um-a-way
We-de-de-de
De-de-de-de-de
Get that snow-a-way

:)