Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Totally NOT faking it, apparently! Triplets, woohoo!!!! :weee
WOW.... OFG is probably still passed out somewhere lol

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
you said it! i posted pix on the other thread..and renamed it.. but i think i can put them up here too:

657_babies.jpg

whoot! hey little babies! hows about some snuggles!

now i need more tequila
;-)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! How 100 percent adorable!

Congrats mom! Was your 4H friend there to help?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awwwww! How sweet! She faked you out on faking it!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your doeling is a beauty - I love the markings! Our buckling has face stripes and he's so stinking cute. I'm gonna have a hard time parting with him. I hope he gets to reproduce someday.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
well everyone made it thru the nite! so whew.... i think our little (big) one is gonna be just fine. Deb has plenty of milk so she wont have any problem (hopefully)

me.. i just keep circling around looking at Debbies beautiful udder thinking... ohhh... there is so much lovely milk in there!

actually... i think there is a about a gallon of colostrum in there. yikes! i'll milk her out tomorrow to make sure everyone gets their good sips. then in a couple days she should be good to go for the house! yay!

and i have to come up with a cute name for the doeling. since Deb is a "D" name its either another D name or an E name.. maybe Eva? but of course one of my fav D names is "Dinah" - which java already has!!! hee hee hee

Spot and Stripe - the boys will go to the neighbor kid so she can make some $$ at the fair. she's going to college this summer/fall so we want to be able to contribute something.

so everything worked out pretty well yesterday with The Big Show. the 4H kid was at school when the action started - and was on her way home. but luckily the Good Neighbor Husband was at home... so he came running right over and saved me from touching anything gross.

of course he saw me at my finest - when i was suffering some kind of shock-induced-tourettes which resulted in a stream of coarse language that i'm sure caused the babies to come shooting right out of there.... but he works construction so you'd think he wouldnt have started crying... (just kidding)

anyway

we were so grateful that he came over! actually most of the family came over and we were soooo glad. especially since The Big Man and i dont know what we are doing. we basically stood there yelling at each other:

me: do something!
he: no YOU do something!
me: i aint touching that!
he: i'm only here to kill things
me: what - like I'M supposed to know what to do?
he: well its kinda like gutting a chicken..
me: no it isnt!
Debbie: aauggghghghghh!
us: aaaaughghghghhhhh!!!!
Good Neighbor Husband: for heavens sakes the two of you get out of the way!

so all the babies came flopping right on out. the last was breach but he plopped right on out like no big deal.

Vita wanted to see what was going on - i think she wants one of the babies. Nibbles couldnt have cared less and she's mad those little rug rats are in her spot.

then the 4H kid came running over, gave the babies all a once over, made sure the babies got sips (except Stripe..which was what all my hopping around was about), and painted blukote all over me...i mean.. them.

then the Good Neighbor Mom came running over - after she got home from work. and (i think i said this already) as soon as she walked into the pen and started to sweet talk the babies and Deb.... little Stripe looked up and grabbed the tap and took a drink.

i'm telling you - that woman is magical. she's the most mom-like person i've ever met and has a calming influence on everyone around her (especially me!). we are so glad that we live next to them!

and of course just then Debbie started pushing out the "P" stuff (and i know you guys are trying to fool me into saying placenta... aaagghahahghghhh i said it!!!)

anyway - the Good Neighbor Mom took care of it while i was spinning and seeing stars.

and then this morning - there was 3 funny little faces looking up. hopefully that little Stripe is out of the danger zone.

i couldnt believe that she had 3... i didnt even think she was as big as she was last year! and this must mean that Nibbles is gonna have about a dozen babies.

so thats what happened. now if we can all live thru Nibbles' babies we'll be in the clear and there will be nothing but good farm activities like butchering ducks and chickens and stuff. whew!