Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ahhhh....join our world of low carb high veg living :thumbsup

I don't really get the sweet potato casserole with all those sugary toppings...ewwww.
We don't get snow here, I lived in it briefly as a child, loved it of course. These days I don't think I could hack the cold....my blood is too thin!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee while KINDA get a little sugar to those sweet taters... um... isnt the point they are already SWEET!!?!

hee hee hee

thankfully the little marshmallows were NOT included..whew.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I hated sweet potatoes until I tasted them as God intended. Now YUM!

I do bend to peer pressure and drizzle them with a little honey and butter for the holidays however.

How anybody ever thought to put a marshmallow in the same dish as a sweet potato is beyond me.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
butter and honey.. oh yes.....

i think that whole marshmallow thing was some kind of conspiracy.... kinda like carrots in lime jello and calling it a vegetable dish
;-)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
its SNOWING!! SNOWING!!!

man hate that snow. they said it wasnt sticking but it kinda is here... wow i cant believe it. we let everyone outside, then ran inside and stoked up the fire. happily for The Big Man, we really arent doing anything today so i'm going to go and plant myself on the couch.

and i'm never eating another carb again. ever. seriously. i was completely overloaded with sugar and white flour yesterday. later on i'm going to brave the snow and go and get some greens out of the garden. aside from that i think i need to fast. except for coffee. a lot of coffee.

other wise not a bad TDay. but i realized that everything i ate yesterday was either white, yellow, or beigey-brown. except for the shockingly orange 'sweet potatoes' that couldnt possibly be found in nature. the horror.. the horror....
Have you tried baking a sweet potato and putting a bit of hoey and cinnamon on it? Simple but yummmm. Marshmallows do not belong there. Put them in cocoa instead.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I actually prefer mine just simply baked in the jacket with a little salt and MAYBE some butter.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hum.. i've never baked them IN the jacket. i've usually just cut them up and baked them in a hot oven with other root veggies. now i'll have to give it a go.

as part of my turkeyday carb detox plan today i've had:

breakfast:
an obscene about of coffee
greens
brussel sprouts
a deviled egg

lunch:
even more coffee
greens sauteed in olive oil and a few polenta croutons
fried egg

and dinner is looking like more of the same. out carbs out!!!!

the good news is that Snow Crisis '09 is now over. appears the White Evil has fled The Good Land for now. but just to be sure i've resumed my post on the couch in front of the fire getting brain rot from watching hulu all afternoon....thus far my strategy to get rid of the snow by complaining and wishing it away has worked. whoot!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We have gone with the traditional turkey noodle soup.

Turkey broth
green beans
sweet corn
onions
celery
carrots
tomatoes
GF noodles

Pretty darned yummy way to use those left over vegetables and a nice light meal after yesterday's pig out!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey ohio

yup, I am in carb overload also....not too bad though cause I didn't eat alot of them----but I hardly ever eat white stuff and I did and WOOF--it slows the body down big time.

Detox (sorta) for me also. Sick of food seriously.....seriously sick of it..LOL

A little too much vodka didn't help either..HAHAHAHA---and a few beers to top it off...ouch!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey FC!

been wondering how your 2nd Tday was going! hope you had a good day.

after eating veggies all day i'm about to go over to the 'carb' side and have nachos for dinner!

but seriously - i'm not interested in feeling like this for at least a year. thank heaven Xmas is about meat meat meat and more meat.

between the white overload, being over sugared, and having brain rot from watching tv all day.... oh golly the sloth has set in.....

here's hoping for a healthy and PRODUCTIVE day tomorrow! and no snow!