Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
is that like "Crazy Eye'd Joe"??

i like it!

hey Mods can we get a title for Turkey Steve please????

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
ahem... i MEANT

Steve, the all knowing, all powerful king of turkeydom!!!!

nope not that... how about:

Steve the king of turkeys?

no thats not right either....

Steve, master of turkeys, knower of everything, and all around poultry king!!!

hows that
;-)
More like "sleeps with turkeys" when I get in trouble :)

Steve

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Its Runner! Aint she pretty?

1173_ratty_turkey.jpg

1173_ratty_turkey2.jpg

Our little Miss Fortune, also known as Runner the Turkey hen, is doing much better. She loves it in with the hens she has a cushy brooder coop at nite and hangs out in one of the big coops, near the heat lamp, during the day. I think well chalk this up to a seriously bad molt brought on by stress and the late season, failed clutch.

Shes a picture, huh? Thats one ratty turkey.

But when I go in to check on her she happily chips at me so I think shes going to make it. The Big Man was making noise about putting her in the pot because shes half plucked already. But no way, shes my little pal now. Well move her back in with the herd when she is a little more feathered out. Of course we are having cold, cold weather so shell be inside for a while yet.

The other good news for today was that we got our mini-mancha, Mocha, back from the breeder! Shes buck-stinky but looks good. I dont think she was very happy to be home she is a bit taller than the breeders minis so I think she was the queen bee there. Now shes back to hanging with the chickens and being pushed around by our full sized la mancha. Were glad shes back tho, we missed our Little Nibbles.

To top it all off, since we drove thru civilization I got to stop at Starbucks and got a peppermint mocha! And. The fuel guy is coming tomorrow so we have the heat cranked up! Whoot! A happy Tuesday no matter how you slice it!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
it has to be The Worst Molt In History... honestly we've had bad molters but this is ridiculous. usually its gradual but i think the stress really got to her. her feathers were flying off her. i put a little chicken buddy in with her today - she seems a million times better.

"Turkey Steve's" trick of giving her cat food really worked!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
no - can you believe it? she's a Bourbon Red.. she just looks so awful you cant tell what she is.