Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww, She almost looks embarassed in that second pic. Poor dear. :( Im glad to hear she is doing better...and to have a friend in with her should help alot! Now...when she is all feathered out...we definately need pics...show her in her prime! ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep

I will buy some turkey feathers and ship them to you....glue them on that naked bird please...:gig

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I can see how you got attached to her!! She's almost so ugly she's cute?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yes! please send feathers!! hee hee hee

see why i was so alarmed!?!?! but thank heaven she IS growing in new ones... i just keep pouring on the cat food.

she's going to be my ugly duckling that turns into a beautiful turkey....

;-)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I don't have cats (currently) so I have no cat food to feed my bald hennies right now and I actually prefer they get protein in other ways if possible. SO.. the other day when I was making dog food from free freezer burnt venison (from a friend), I made them up a big batch diced quite small and with some old yogurt and milk powder added.

They are scarfing it up for sure!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
why feed cat food? does it help their feathers or something...never heard of that rememdy for turkeys..:p

well alot of people are knitting on the forum....maybe a turkey shirt? and scarf and tobaggen?
LOL

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
for some reason its a more effective protein source....and since the old timers always had barn cats (like us!) they would just throw a handful to the flocks. i dont know why but cat food is better for this than dog food...unless you got your own made-from-meat food!

and who knows why but the silly hens and turkeys LOVE the cat food! must be the tiny shapes
:)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
why feed cat food? does it help their feathers or something...never heard of that rememdy for turkeys..:p

well alot of people are knitting on the forum....maybe a turkey shirt? and scarf and tobaggen?
LOL
:lol: You read my mind. I was thinking a Knifty Knitted sweater might help!!! I hope her feathers come back soon!!

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
for some reason its a more effective protein source....and since the old timers always had barn cats (like us!) they would just throw a handful to the flocks. i dont know why but cat food is better for this than dog food...unless you got your own made-from-meat food!

and who knows why but the silly hens and turkeys LOVE the cat food! must be the tiny shapes
:)
Cat food is higher protien than dog food.

Steve

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
are you sure its not the tiny shaped fish?
;-)