Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Your blog is very interesting and informative today, OFG. Good job.

I bookmarked that page for when I'm ready to make cheese. I can't wait!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks SD! I cant wait for your ladies to start milking - you are gonna love it.

hey BBH! whats the word? sending hugs
:)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
today's forecast: loud and goosey

oh brother. so i figured out (i hope) the dosage of antibiotics for our poor little speckled goose.

i think she got a poke in the eye and we are sure her vision is gone. but the eyeball is still intact and she looks better today. it was a long walk out there this morning to see if she had made it. The Big Man finally caught her last nite so we could get a good look. it seemed like she was having a hard time. we put her to bed with the others and wished her luck. ugh.

but she's perkier this morning and tried to kill me. so thats good news.

we separated her from the rest of the main flock, gave her lots of places to dunk her head in water, some extra delicious eats, and a shot of antibiotics.

so now there is a LOT of screaming and honking out there. the main flock can see her thru the screened door (she's in half of the turkey hut alone) so they are hanging around. but then they wander off, realize they are missing someone, and the screaming starts. and then the 2 little geese who are in the goat yard start screaming. sheesh!

so i'm forecasting a lot of loud goosey-ness today.

other than that its all sun all the time, cold cold cold, and we might actually go into town later. whoooot!

thats the word here
:)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your dosage, I was just checking in here to make sure you figured it out.

I've been able to figure out dosages of medications for animals by googling a bunch of word combos on the internet. Not very technical, but it is self sufficient! Some manufacturers list appropriate dosing right on their websites.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
completely obscure thought - I was looking at your blog post with the picture of Nibbles and it struck me that she's always got that "Are you lookin' at me? Are YOU lookin' at ME?" mobster thing going on. Just sayin'...I think if she has a buck you should name it Fat Tony or something like that :lol:
OK, I study other people's goats waaaay too much :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i know! she's always giving me that sh*tty look! seriously! why all the hatin' Nibbles? where's the love?

maybe she's tired of me calling her Tubby

ha!

i think the Good Neighbor kids and their 4H group are gonna get first pick of any bucklings.

then there is a man who is dying for some carbarito and if i give away his dinner one more time he's gonna pitch a fit. sheesh!

come on' doelings! whooot!