Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
DANG! what did i do with them pigz heads!

so wow - is everyone watching the news!!?!?!?

snow here but at least no crazy earthquakes or tsunamis.

we were supposed to get hay but we are slush/ice/snow so we may be staying put.

headed back to watch the news. i have friends going to hawaii and the west coast today! yikes!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can't believe it! This earth is really getting a lot of extreme stuff lately. I'm sure it was due since we haven't had anything like this in a long time but still. I feel bad and I'm praying for all those people.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
you said it K... i was thinking that the weather may not be getting worse... its just been so mild that we were used to it being relatively easy.

hummm... i'm thinking more about that....

anyway - we scrubbed our hay trip and will just make sure everyone here is warm and dry.

BR said they got 10 inches of wet snow - ugh! we didnt get as much as they predicted but we are right on the ice/slush point. drat!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
What would I NOT eat? Predators. Guess I read the Clan of the Cave Bear too many times.
OMG! so glad someone else makes references to Clan of the Cave Bear. the new one comes out at the END OF THE MONTH!!!!! so excited.

on a different note: OFG, who was it that made the awesome turkey hoop house tractor thingy you posted a while ago? was it Bourbon Red? i was in the middle of making one for my pig house and realized that it just WASN'T working with the old hog panels i had laying about. so i was wondering what kind of panels they used. i'm gonna have to suck it up and buy some but i'm not sure what to get.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey bib bird!

its Bourbon Red's project - i just published it.

here it is on my blog:
http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/02/hoop-houses-good-for-turkeys.html

but i helped a little with the project. we used hog panels but they were new and were pretty flexible. are yours the old, strong-as-iron-stuff? they should be pretty bendy. lemme know where you are in the process and whats going wrong and maybe i can help

:)

hey SD!

so

time change = sucks. i'm stubbling around in a total daze. i think i need donuts.

yesterday was pretty eventful - we got a lot of stuff done, we sold one of our young jake turkeys (to a really great family who's turkey hen needed a date), and we avoided the MIL.

and i made cake!

now - its outside all day and going to the hay guy. but i gotta scoot b/c its not 8:42 its 9:42!!!!! yikes!!!!

now where is that pup? lets go!

:)
ps we put Nibbles' babies outside for the first time. it was a hoot!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I agree the time change sucks! I wish we would just leave the clocks alone!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
This weather is nutso....we got lucky for our party and everything dried out...I'm just glad we didn't get ya'lls snow and slush stuff here.

How are the babies doing?

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hey bib bird!

its Bourbon Red's project - i just published it.

here it is on my blog:
http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/02/hoop-houses-good-for-turkeys.html

but i helped a little with the project. we used hog panels but they were new and were pretty flexible. are yours the old, strong-as-iron-stuff? they should be pretty bendy. lemme know where you are in the process and whats going wrong and maybe i can help.
yes, the panels i have are ancient and really strong/heavy. my dad claims that he can make them work because he's bent some in the past, but waiting on him to get around to helping me is worse than just spending the money to get new panels, especially since i just need two. i have TONS of rolled fence i can use on the ends, so i think i can get away with only spending about $30-$50. that's not bad for a whole pig house!