Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Are you skipping church, young lady? :old I saw you post a minute ago :gig

My daughter is down with a gastro bug. It's been a fun weekend :sick

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
HA! you are totally spying on me!

yes! i think I broke TBM. or he has your kid's stomach bug. he lumbered out, declared that we werent going to church, then lumbered back to bed. i gave him a cat and closed the door. i hope he doenst puke on her (but she might deserve it). zoikes!

but at least i'm gonna miss that lying sermon - its probably now on how you shouldnt miss church!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

i'm gonna go down to TSC and get more fencing while he gathers energy. or pukes.

me. i'm having the last piece of mayo cake!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Mayo cake :sick. Just sounds wrong!

I love how you hid from MIL.....done that a time or two in our youth :hide

Hope TBM feels better soon...it sounds like you have too much work to do to for him to lay in bed!

Hugs :hugs

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think something is going around. I didn't feel well for a few days, hubby was iffy yesterday but fine now. He went to church where he is serving breakfast for Father's Day. That oughta spread it to the Dublin/Hilliard area. (he was at a church event Friday too, so he figured he may as well go today too :p)

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Memorial Day I ran a low fever (about 100*) and was miserable with an unhappy stomach. The fever only lasted about 18hrs, but I was iffy with my stomach for over a week. Blah.

I wouldn't mind Rio sleeping with me, but I am used to being alone and with a 111lb dog there just isn't enough room! LOL (my cats do sleep with me - Leroy by my left side, Boots at my feet and Diva on her throne, I mean, the headboard)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
From one of my foster dogs applications, applying for a very cuddly dog that I stated needed a "close relationship with its people"
Where will the dog sleep? Well the dogs and cats all sleep on the beds with us. We just arrange ourselves around them.

Yes, they got the dog.....

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ha! SD i totally laughed.... we'd get and "F-" on the application for sure!

hee hee hee

actually when we were looking for a pup we were really stunned at the applications and agreements some of the breeders required. one of the breeders wouldnt even tell us if she had pups until we filled out an application. of course we didnt... cuz you know, no one is the boss of us!

ha!

i finally just started writing a summary of our dog raising and pointed to the blog when we were looking at breeders. we sold the breeder (who had Kai) on us when we said we "lived on a farm and fed only grain-free food...." the breeder was from a farm family and i think was glad we were normal people and not gang thugs.

it was pretty funny tho - i wouldnt sign the agreement as it was written and basically X'd all of it out until it said "i'm paying you money, you're giving me a pup, no you cant stalk us." but of course we send the breeder updates and pictures.
;-)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Actually it is a good sign when the breeder makes you fill out forms and stuff and so forth.

And I don't think every dog needs to sleep on its persons bed. Certain dogs like that though. Other ones, no. Our golden retriever likes to lay whereever it is the coldest, he is always too hot!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm a puppy. I snuggle in with everyone. Gets me in trouble. So I would likely have a puppy pile in my bed. In high school I couldn't sleep well alone and had up to four people in my bed most nights. All clothed. Nothing naughty at all. I just prefer knowing that there are people between me and the bad guys.

When I lived with my first (boyfriend? We never went on a date...), my best friend, male, slept with me every day too. My bf just said as long as his hands stay on his side, it was fine, so I always slept in the middle. And no gutter minds. It was purely puppy pile lol.

All that to say... I doubt I could deny a dog part of the bed.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Abi- " I just prefer knowing that there are people between me and the bad guys. "
You could throw a person or two at the intruder to buy time to make your getaway? :hide Just kidding.
That's what a well trained guard dog is for. They keep bad guys away. Usually discourage them from even trying, just by looking like they would really hurt the intruder.