Okay, so who watched the inauguration? What did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Its all kind of strange...I don't even think people got this maudlin over John Kennedy....and let me tell ya, people were fascinated with that man!!! Only photos, other than family, that my granny would put on the wall......John F. and a picture of Jesus Christ! :rolleyes:

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I think part of it is that he just *is* pretty charismatic, plus the whole first black president thing really *is* pretty significant.

Beyond that though I think there is probalby a certain amount of people really wanting to believe that he's the winning lottery ticket, the brass ring, the rope ladder when the floor of the outhouse has just given way, you know?

And I think that's ok to a considerable extent... a lot of changes can be achieved by people who believe they're riding a special wave of change, you know? Not always but sometimes. Momentum sometimes *does* matter :)

Pat, waiting to see what those ninnies in Ottawa decide to do next week, bring down the gov't (oy) or form an undoubtedly ill-fated coalition gov't (oy) or let that smug nitwit Harper just continue doing whatever the heck he pleases (oy)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Most in the public eye regarding politics will fall off their pedestals.
The feelings for the President will change daily on his actions. He isn't immune and when they dump on him it will be hard, very hard.

And me&thegals is so right. Words and good speeches do unite people and sway people etc. You can have the masses in your pocket until we turn like dogs on them..LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
But.....not too surprising in these times, if you know what I mean, Morel? ;) Kind of exciting for me, anyway, to be here at the beginning and to watch how God works! :)

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
But.....not too surprising in these times, if you know what I mean, Morel? ;) Kind of exciting for me, anyway, to be here at the beginning and to watch how God works! :)
I agree with you Bee. I've been listening to all this messiah stuff and thinking those same thoughts.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
And I think that's ok to a considerable extent... a lot of changes can be achieved by people who believe they're riding a special wave of change, you know? Not always but sometimes. Momentum sometimes *does* matter :)

Pat, waiting to see what those ninnies in Ottawa decide to do next week, bring down the gov't (oy) or form an undoubtedly ill-fated coalition gov't (oy) or let that smug nitwit Harper just continue doing whatever the heck he pleases (oy)
If he is charismatic enough to convince the people great strides can be made it is true the public themselves could propel a lot of recovery or damage control without a lot of government intervention.

As far as Canada goes I am pretty sure we are headed for a coalition. Lets just hope and pray against all odds that they actually have a game plan for dealing with the economy. Personally I don't think they could be any worse than the current leader is.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
TTs Chicks said:
Beekissed said:
I agree with you Bee. I've been listening to all this messiah stuff and thinking those same thoughts.
I just never thought it would be so obvious....having read the Left Behind series, I always imagined it would be more subtle and sneaky like in the books! ;) This extraordinary, unwarranted following, the timing, the comparisons to a messiah (or even to Abe Lincoln? :p ) Almost of supernatural proportions, in my thinking. My mom calls him The Obamination! :lol: Which is kind of spooky, as I saw an article calling America the Obamanation! :/

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
TTs Chicks said:
Beekissed said:
I just never thought it would be so obvious....having read the Left Behind series, I always imagined it would be more subtle and sneaky like in the books! ;) This extraordinary, unwarranted following, the timing, the comparisons to a messiah (or even to Abe Lincoln? :p ) Almost of supernatural proportions, in my thinking. My mom calls him The Obamination! :lol: Which is kind of spooky, as I saw an article calling America the Obamanation! :/
I read them too and it does seem too obvious, but maybe that's because we know what to look out for. I want/need to do some more studying.

What really bothers me is that a lot of the people I am around on a daily basis (at work) are not people that I can have this conversation with cause they don't see what I see or feel the way that I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.