Okay, so who watched the inauguration? What did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Not to mention that someone in a bad mood could take references to their president as the cause of the apocalypse a tad annoying ;)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Did you see the crowd that was there!!! :ep
I couldn't believe how many people came to see him sworn in....I was surprised that everything was as peaceful as it was. Usually when you get that many people together in one place someone gets trampled or something awful like that!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Some of our church friends went with the community busload of veterans. They said the crowds were very peaceful. And friendly. That was nice to hear.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Did you see the crowd that was there!!! :ep
I couldn't believe how many people came to see him sworn in....I was surprised that everything was as peaceful as it was.
It was like that scene from Forrest Gump, only this was *real* not computer-generated :)

Pat

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I just noticed last night that he is left-handed. Kind of hard to miss if you watched him sign anything. Left handed people are cool . . . ask me how I know. ;) But more seriously, supposedly, "the brains of left-handed people tend to be different, and to have a greater variety of configurations, than those of right-handed people," and they are supposed to be more creative in general (right brained).

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Here is a fun article about left handed presidents.

I had no idea that Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton were also left handed.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I see he did a do over on the oath.
Good proactive move.

sundance

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
And he will take the full brunt of comments on how the country is being run.
I don't think this will happen at all....I predict that every word that falls from this man's lips will be greeted as rose petals, to the media. I doubt very seriously that anyone will criticize this man and it makes it to print. We've already seen how this man~out of nowhere(with a muddled and questionable past history) has been called "the messiah" and "a savior" by our media. I've never seen, in the history of this nation, as big a following of any one president. And for as little true merit.

I don't think he will have any trouble at all at gaining and keeping public favor....he's already shown this in the election process.
totally 100% agree

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I did not watch the inauguration, I was at work.

I was irritated in that for two days I was no news on the radio going to and from work. Two days of talking about the inauguration as if it was the only thing that happened in the world. And this started at 6:00 in the morning. :rant

One of the things I did hear on the radio was how Obama messed up the oath. Then come to find out it was the chief justice that messed up, not Obama. Obama even paused giving the chief justice a chance to fix things.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
hoosier girl said:
I found one statement I heard (a few weeks ago) to be pretty profound and it has really stuck with me. In a televised interview, an elderly African American lady made the comment that she has lived through the era of segregation to an African American person being elected to lead our nation. Regardless of your political views, that is pretty incredible for that much change to occur within one life time.
Again he is the first African American to be elected becasue he was born in Kenya(thereby not eligible to be president legally). But as to the first black president he is far from. Go to www.diversity.com & click on your 5 black presidents, Lincoln, Taft, Harding, Coolidge all had black ancestor's. They also mention Jefferson but his was his children he had with the black servant lady he fell in love with.

I had absolutely no desire to watch it & turn off just about anythig & everything they show about him right now a it is still just "rock star-savior" garbage that is being shown.

Jefferson made a comment once that "as a Christain nation we have a responsibilty to elect Christain leaders", boy would he be turning over in his grave to know this country was stupid enough to elect a Muslim as president.

And another thing that irritates me is Bush said positive things about Obama taking over & Obama still makes negative comments about Bush in his speeches! And for the crowd to boo Bush was just disrespect at it's finest in this country. I guess I am the exact opposite of Michelle & this is the first time in my life that I am ashamed of my fellow citizens. Not of my country I love my country & always will, I am ashamed that so many people in this country could be hoodwinked like they were by him & his camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts