Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not alot of new stuff going on. Finally got to run R4 last week. Another carrier has put in for a transfer to another office so I will be moving up another notch.
This week I will be doing R3 Tues and Wed and R8 on Thursday. Ive run parts if them but not all of it. Being that its after the holiday, hopefully it wont be overwhelming.
If so, they will send help.
I did a dry run of R3 last week when I got done with another route just to refresh my memory.
I am going to do the same thing with R8. Its been a while since Ive done any part of that route.
We had a big storm blow through here last Friday. Pretty much just alot of wind, few sprinkles. Came home and found my little cheapie greenhouses totally destroyed. Plastic ripped up. A few connectors broken. Couple crossbars bent. Had them tied down but they were flattened anyway. Good thing there wasnt anything growing in them.
I had put a few heavy 4 x 4s ontop of the coop roof because some of the nails had come loose and whenever it got windy the roof wood blow the tins up and sometimes looked like they were coming off. Glad I put them up there because the roof was still on.
Other than a few branches blown down, not much else was damaged.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lightening Bolt Light

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear from you, sounds like you are getting your PO job nailed down. There for awhile it was pretty hard, learning all the twists and turns. I knew you could do it-and you are.

How is your garden doing? Things around the house?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:rantDrama alert!
Did Amazon Sunday, as I always do..... :oops: .....yesterday I didnt have to be there til 9 am as I was "second shift". The people scheduled to be there at 8:30 am are supposed to sort the packages and have everything in order, loaded in the truck your using, and ready to go when you get there.
Well, this time, as I can't stand to sit at home waiting, I go on early to get my key to the vehicle Im using, went and filled up my car, got breakfast.....came back about 8:15.....
One person on what I call A1 was there sitting outside while the clerk inside was marking the packages with the numbers we use to put them in order.
Finally go inside and its not until 9:15 am the two A1 people even start sorting. Mind you, we are supposed to be out the door by 9 am. :smack
By the time they even get 2 routes sorted, its 10 am.:he
I grab the route Im doing after double checking that the right packages are there and just go.
I got done about 1:30....had 63 stops but probably delivered around 75 packages because some stops got 2 or more packages. :th
I get done and call the clerk to see if anyone needs help, which is normal practice, and am told to go get everything another carrier has and finish thier route because they have to go to Hendersonville. :(
I call this person and tell them Im on the way. Needless to say, they weren't happy about it and complained as to why I wasn't being sent since I was done. I said, "I don't know, but Im on my way."
I keep trying to find them on that route but each time I called and they told me where they were, I'd get there and they weren't.
I get to the office and he is complaining to the clerk about how he is tired of being treated this way......he is transfering to another office anyway........maybe.......
I'm home and get a call from my supervisor asking me how things went....and I tell him about last Sunday and what happened this Sunday....and told him he could verify it with the clerk since she was witness to it.
He then tells me that the carrier who was told to go to Hendersonville went rogue as he put it and did not go. Instead he went home and went to dinner with his family.:ep
Ohhhhhh my.........you know. Big no no.
I said well he probably doesn't care because he's transfering to another office. Supervisor said he might not be going anywhere.....if you understand what that means.....
This carrier is supposed to be on Amazon today because its a holiday. Im off.....but Id love to be a fly on the wall......:hide

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So that guy was at home, sending you on a wild goose chase! :smack
He went home instead of going to the other office. I talked to him on the phone yesterday. He told me he had a headache and thats why he went home. Someone else told the supervisor he went home to have dinner with his family. He knows the supervisor called me. I told him what was said and what I said.
Bad thing is, he is still having to come in and talk to the PO and the supervisor probably tomorrow. I told him I doubted he would get fired because there are other people there who have done things that should of gotten them fired on the spot but weren't.

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Havent posted for a while. Been very busy.
Week before last, when it was really hot, I had to do Rt 12 all week except on Wed when I do R 11. It has an LLV so you get to drive that. But it doesnt have air conditioning. :th
I ended up with a rash in my sensitive areas, I'll call it, from the sweat and heat. Wasnt fun. :confused:Just about passed out the first day because it was so hot. :th
Week after just the usual routes I normally do. Couple days I did R4 finally and it wasnt bad.
BJ finally left for the other office so that moves me up the list for seniority a little.
A carrier that does R13 got Covid and has been out for the last week. :oops:
This week Ive been doing R4. Yesterday I put in a formal request to be the permanent sub for it. Janice, who is the regular carrier for that route, has been trying to get me to be her sub pretty much since I started there. I finally decided to do it.
Its a good career move because the money on that route is good. Janice has health issues and has to call out alot. Its job security. Its a very rural route so Im out in the country back roads.:weee Since they are also hiring more RCAs, if I didnt jump on it now, I would not get another chance since they might assign one to sub for R4.
I asked to make R11 my secondary so I will still do Johns route on Weds until he gets another sub. I didnt want to leave him out in the cold, you know? :hugs
He was upset at first when I told him but understood. Every one who started there as an RCA moved around to other routes when they had the chance.
Im off today but have a list a mile long. Time to get to work. 😁

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Be careful around the farm in this heat! I have a week of 102-103F degrees up until next Sunday, probably beyond that but that’s all the weather forecast shows. I work from daylight until 10 AM to maybe noonish, then have to stop. I’m used to the Texas heat, but this is ridiculous.