Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You can do this! We are all cheering for you!
Good news is, I did much better on time today. It helped that the presorted mail was in order this time. :weeeYesterday Id find mail for streets I was just on after I left. :he
I was so frustrated. Today, I only messed up a few times. 😁
Im off tomorrow, but work Fri, Sat, Amazon Sunday 😬, Mon, Tues, and the route by myself Wed. :barnie
They said I would have help and I wouldnt be out there alone. They said theyd make sure I dont fail. I hope their right. :fl

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Friday he is having me do the first half of the route which includes the apartment complexes and businesses. :ep
Just when Im getting the part of the route Im on now down pat. 😬
What is overwhelming a little is trying to learn how to case and pull it down in the right order. Im looking at the case going....where in the bleep is this address? And he just points it out......😯

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Friday he is having me do the first half of the route which includes the apartment complexes and businesses. :ep
Just when Im getting the part of the route Im on now down pat. 😬
What is overwhelming a little is trying to learn how to case and pull it down in the right order. Im looking at the case going....where in the bleep is this address? And he just points it out......😯
you're doing great! :hugs

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So today I thought Id be doing the apartments, but instead I did the last half of the route Ive been doing. John said Id be doing those tomorrow. Then Monday I'll be doing another part. Weds I am doing the whole thing by myself.:barnie
Things were going great until I got to this one road, and I called John because I couldnt find the boxes. I misunderstood about where to turn and ended up at a dead end driveway with nowhere to turn around. I had to back up about a quarter mile to turn around. The driveway was really muddy and I couldnt do a three point turn.
There was woods and a sheer drop off and I was afraid Id end up in the drop off.
I told John and he said to tell them to call him, but instead he called the supervisor and tell him.
Those scanners they give you to scan the packages track your every move. If you back up more than so many feet, it sends an email to the postmaster, then you get called into the office.
John doesnt think I'll get into trouble over it. I hope he's right. :fl
I did scan all the packages, but they are telling me some showed I missed a scan. I told them I scanned every package I had. They say sometimes the internet gets slow and drops some scans. I had to sign a paper with a note that, yes I scanned it, and where I left it.
I got my first paycheck today, too. Yippee!
Hope its not my last.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
o_OToday I did my first Amazon Sunday. Nothing but packages. Only had 11 to do as they are starting me out slow. :oldGot there at 8am.
Got done at 10:30 am. Only took me 2 1/2 hours to deliver those. The postmaster told me she expected 20 packages an hour. :th

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today was a disaster in my opinion. I did the apartments and the route up to where I stopped yesterday with the exception of one more road added.
The presorted mail was put of sync again. I kept finding mail for streets I was just on. Had to backtrack at least 10 times. I was literally crying on the drive back to the office.
I didnt call John at all. I was determined to get the mail delivered. Period.
I have to do the whole route all by myself on Wed. It took me six hours to deliver just one quarter of the route. I had trouble getting the CBUs( central bank units) closed. The locks werent cooperating.
I forgot to ck the outgoing mail box at the last apartment complex. There was alot of mail to deliver at the three complexes, too.
Ive only been delivering for about 5 days. If I dont pick this up soon, its over.