Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rammy, is the post office closed due to the weather?
No!
Neither rain, sleet, snow, or dark of night, will keep the postal carrier from thier rounds. 😁
But, Ive noticed on my street, if the roads are bad, we dont get delivery.
I did RR13 again today, and made better time, except for having to stop a few times to get out to deliver some boxes of catalogs at the businesses on the beginning of the route. I walked veerrrry slowly on the pavement because it was still slick with ice. 🥶
Some of the mailboxes were frozen shut and I had to pull hard to get them open, so that added time. Then I couldnt find a house that a package was to be delivered to so I called my supervisor and he looked it up. Had to go down this long, muddy driveway to the very last mobile home. That was fun. 😬
Then I overshot a box, had to get out run back about 20ft to put thier mail in. Oops.
Did a few things your not suppose to do like get out while the car is running, to close the back gate on the Jeep. I need to not do that because you never know who's watching.
I also had trouble getting into the Jeep this morning due to the frozen mix we got last night.
Stopped for gas and the darn thing froze up again! This lady who works at the P. O. too just happened to be at the next pump and she had some de-icer spray. That worked. When I got to the office, she came in a few minutes later and gave me some from the storage area. Im just not locking the Jeep anymore. 🤣
I am doing the same route tomorrow. I think I'll do better on time because the roads will be clearer and the boxes should be unfrozen
❄🥶:fl

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No mail here today- you’re tougher than my post office folks!
Yeah, yesterday it was pouring the rain down. I got soaked. Jeeps windows kept fogging up and couldnt see out the back window. The mail was getting wet from the water leaking thru. The roof is the kind that you can remove so I guess a heavy downpour isnt helpful.
I did better on RR11 Thurs than I did Wed. Missed delivering a couple packages so I had to go back.
They ended up sending help which upset me alot, but they wanted us to get us off the road due to the weather and to make it back in time for the outgoing truck.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It sounds like you have made it through the worst of the weather so far! You are learning and getting better and better. You got this!

My truck doors have been frozen shut. Aggravating. I have to get a small kitchen step ladder and pour warm water over the door to unfreeze it. De-icer! What a concept! how come I don't have any? Probably because there is only 1 or 2 days out of the year that I would need it and I don't need to get on the roads when they are icy anyway. LOL LOL

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Despite the fact I left the Jeep unlocked last night, I still couldnt get the stupid door open this morning. Luckily, the back gate opened and I was able to get in that way. I stopped for gas and when I went to get in, the door opened, but the button you push stayed in! I had to hold the door until I heard it pop then I was able to shut the door. Unbelievable.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Someb
Despite the fact I left the Jeep unlocked last night, I still couldnt get the stupid door open this morning. Luckily, the back gate opened and I was able to get in that way. I stopped for gas and when I went to get in, the door opened, but the button you push stayed in! I had to hold the door until I heard it pop then I was able to shut the door. Unbelievable.
Somebody is going to need a carport of a garage. Jeep wants a house too! I had to pour warm water over the door gasket to open the truck door, I needed something out of it. Then it promptly froze back.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Someb

Somebody is going to need a carport of a garage. Jeep wants a house too! I had to pour warm water over the door gasket to open the truck door, I needed something out of it. Then it promptly froze back.
Id love a carport but its a little too expensive for me right now. Maybe someday.