Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, its definetly a learning curve. Im hoping that once I get the casing down, and how to mark the packages, it might be better. :fl
I have to do the whole route by myself tomorrow. :epThe supervisor said Id have help casing and getting things ready. :clap
Just hope Im not out til 10 pm getting it done. :th

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, its definetly a learning curve. Im hoping that once I get the casing down, and how to mark the packages, it might be better. :fl
I have to do the whole route by myself tomorrow. :epThe supervisor said Id have help casing and getting things ready. :clap
Just hope Im not out til 10 pm getting it done. :th
I have so much more respect for mail carriers after seeing this thread. I had no idea there was so much logistics involved. I hope tomorrow goes better than you expect. :fl

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have today off. :weeeWorked Sat, Amazon Sunday, and yesterday doing RR13 by myself. Weds and Thurs I get to do RR11 all by myself. :eek:RR13 is only supposed to be a 3 hr route, but being my first time, it took me 5 hrs. :hit
I had done a dry run on it Thursday to know where I was going. I happened to run into a city carrier doing the route and followed her and she gave me notes, but we both agreed the route needed revamped because it doesnt run smoothly. :confused:
One part of the route in the beginning says to turn down Jackson road, then do Barren road, but Barren road is before Jackson. :barnieWhen you turn down Jackson, there are a whole bunch of subdivisions and roads back there that you have to run. If you do that, you come out waaaayy past Barren.
Plus, I couldnt find this one address to deliver a package to too big for the mailbox.
Finally found it. :he
Im sure I'll be faster next time if I have to run it. :fl Hopefully they'll have it revamped soon. The supervisor said its going to be because there are alot of new houses being built on Elderberry. :ep

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Once I got out of the subdivision it was alot better. Im sure once they revamp the route, anyone who runs it will have an easier time.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You keep keeping on , you will soon be a pro! It does sound confusing, hope they get that route straight.

I’m wondering if my road has a new mail carrier. Used to get mail by 1:00, now it’s nearly 5. I feel sorry for her, it’s a lot to learn!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Kudos to you for keeping working at it. Sounds like they need to get their act together on the "mapping" out of what to do in what order.
Like most everything we do in life, practice makes perfect... and persistence is the greatest thing to getting it figured out. I thought about being a RR carrier and decided that it wasn't for me... so I give you even higher respect for doing it.
How is the arthritis/pain in the hands and all from no longer doing the grooming?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-162641_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-162641_Facebook.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 94

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Kudos to you for keeping working at it. Sounds like they need to get their act together on the "mapping" out of what to do in what order.
Like most everything we do in life, practice makes perfect... and persistence is the greatest thing to getting it figured out. I thought about being a RR carrier and decided that it wasn't for me... so I give you even higher respect for doing it.
How is the arthritis/pain in the hands and all from no longer doing the grooming?
Not so bad on the hands. I traded it for super high stress levels.