Out with the Old, In with the New

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How was your first day?
Pretty good. Mostly went over safety procedures and......haha.....how to prevent heat stroke. And we had a test on it. I got one question wrong but alot of others did too.
One thing I must make sure to do when Im delivering is I can not, under any circumstances, back up if I missed delivering something. Immediate dismissal. There have been drivers who had 28 years with the postal service lose thier job because the one time they backed up...one backed up just 7"....was seen doing it, and was fired. 😯
When I have to get out of the vehicle to deliver a package, I will have to turn off the car, turn the wheels, put on the emergency brake, and take the keys, even if its just 5 minutes. They really stress safety. And gave some really good examples. I dont want to screw that up. 😬
I start driver training Wed. for the next couple days after, and then go to an Academy? for a few days after that before I go to my postal office I was hired at to do a few days there.
Its about 2 weeks of training. But I get paid while Im learning so thats good.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
One thing I must make sure to do when Im delivering is I can not, under any circumstances, back up if I missed delivering something. Immediate dismissal. There have been drivers who had 28 years with the postal service lose thier job because the one time they backed up...one backed up just 7"....was seen doing it, and was fired. 😯
Wow. I never knew backing up was so dangerous ...

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its snowing. ❄ Its been upgraded to possible 7" in some areas. 🥶 I went out this morning to go over and ger my mail at the P.O. and it was coming down pretty good at 8 am.
I got a call from the guy who will be doing the training for tomorrow and was told it was changed to Monday. Yay! :weeeDont have to get out in it. :bow
I wont get that lucky when Im actually on the job. 😥
But on the plus side, I get a few more days to practice my parallel parking and backing into a parking area only using my side mirrors. 😬
As long as I can pass the driving skills test I should be good. :fl

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok.......got through the skills test today. Ran over a cone, or two. :hide Backed up. :ep the one thing you are never supposed to do. I wanted to crawl under a rock. :rant But, for some reason, they passed me. :hu
I wasnt the only one who made mistakes, but I felt like I was having to ask or them having to repeat the instructions. :hit
I know I'll do ok. Eventually. o_O