Paleo diet

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I'm hoping my daughter can digest the raw jersey milk I currently buy. It would be a shame to have that resource available and not be able to benefit from it. :/

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I'm hoping my daughter can digest the raw jersey milk I currently buy. It would be a shame to have that resource available and not be able to benefit from it. :/
You might be interested to know, that if you find that your daughter has adrenal fatigue (salva test to find out) that when they are healed, many if not all the allergies will either lessen or be fully reversed.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
big brown horse said:
You might be interested to know, that if you find that your daughter has adrenal fatigue (salva test to find out) that when they are healed, many if not all the allergies will either lessen or be fully reversed.
YIPEE!!!!

She has an endocrine dr.s visit on Feb 28th!! Until then I'm following your thread very closely. I need to wait until my next pay period to get more of the suppliments (I have fclo and hfbo already) and celtic sea salt.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Right now my freezer is full of deer and blackberries. And one deer pelt. I think I am there. :lol:

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
personally i don't understand why you would want to eat that restrictivly unless you were doing a group "year in the life" kind of thing like "the edwardian farm"...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Try to understand what it is like to feel like garbage every day of your life for year after year. Wonder if it is all in your head, have a myriad of health problems....then suddenly... BAM! You feel AWESOME! ALIVE!

Some people have to ability to process a lot of garbage with no ill effects. A LOT do NOT! Of course, having society blame the victim for their condition doesn't help.

Modern food is inherently damaging. I could give you all the research, but a great deal of the info is in one book, "Good Calories Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes.

I eat FANTASTIC food. The variety is unbelievable. If you are eating a modern diet, you only think you are getting variety. Processed food is all the same thing with different shapes and artificial flavorings to give you the illusion of variety.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ohiogoatgirl said:
personally i don't understand why you would want to eat that restrictivly unless you were doing a group "year in the life" kind of thing like "the edwardian farm"...
I think we choose the eat this way because we feel so much better on a clean diet.

I avoid processed foods because they are bad for your body and offer no nutrition. I personally go easy on grains because they contribute to weight gain while offering very little nutrition....we also have gluten intolerances in my home so that is further reason to eat a careful diet.

I started on this effort to clean up my diet about a year and a half ago and fine tuned it for 5 mos until I settled on this style of eating. I lost 15 pounds which I have kept off easily and have never felt better.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
It's not as restrictive as most folk think. You are avoiding poisons, and not much else. I don't feel deprived missing out on my cardboard meals of mac n cheese and top ramen LOL.

Since that is how most folk I know DO eat... I have a better variety, tastier food, more interesting choices, healthier choices, just... better in every way.

Plus I feel so much better. Without this diet, I'd still be extremely schizophrenic and unable to hold down a job :)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
ohiogoatgirl said:
For BBHs daughter. its because of some very restrictive health issues they are dealing with.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
It's not as restrictive as most folk think. You are avoiding poisons, and not much else. I don't feel deprived missing out on my cardboard meals of mac n cheese and top ramen LOL.

Since that is how most folk I know DO eat... I have a better variety, tastier food, more interesting choices, healthier choices, just... better in every way.

Plus I feel so much better. Without this diet, I'd still be extremely schizophrenic and unable to hold down a job :)
I so wish our general society, never mind medical community would understand that diet plays a massive role in how the brain functions.
Depression? More often then not, adrenal fatigue is the root cause, especially with post partum depression.
You have a pregnant woman, who has low adrenals already. During the pregnancy, hers run out, and so her body takes from her babies adrenals.
Birth happens, and with the loss of the placenta, the rest of her hormones tank.
So, you get a baby that is already suffering adrenal fatigue, and is extra fussy, and a mama that cannot handle anything, due to all her reserves being gone.

This is why the WAPF style of eating, especially while pregnant, results in generally calm babies and mamas.