PamsPride's Journal-Free Kindle Downloads!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
Aaaww yay!! Fun baby shower!! I forgot about the game that you guess what candy bar it is. At my friends baby shower we ate baby food, and I picked the puree'd fruit cause I'ma smart one ;) I have a pic of me eating apricot baby food out of the jar. It's funny.

I know what you mean on the low turnout. That is a bummer. I had a decent amount of people that came to the baby shower for the twins, but I invited a whole bunch, and some of the ones that I was particularly close to didn't come. I think part of it could have been that it was at the hospital way downtown too. I know things like that can keep people away sometimes.

going to go look at your pictures :D
I was actually more upset Thursday night than what I am tonight. I was actually crying the other night....blaming that on hormones...because it felt like no one was going to come. They wrote Call for Regrets Only on the invite and 5 people called and I had talked to over half of the other people and not one mentioned whether they were coming or not....did not even bring it up at all. There are some days that I feel like a real outsider at my church....and today was definetly one of them! :( All of the people (5 of them) that called to say they were not coming did not even give a reason....just a simple I am not coming and that was it. I invited 20 people from my church and 4 from my family.....2 from my family and 2 from my church showed up.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I know the feeling....I only had one person show up to my wedding that I invited. Everyone else that was there was from Chad's family or my extended family or from my mom's work or chad's work. It was really hard for me to get over at the time but looking back on it now, I am not friends with any of the people I invited anymore.

If they were true friends then they would still be around...same reason I haven't gone to any of my high school reunions.

Just remember that we love you and God loves you and everything happens for a reason. Don't be sad!!! :hugs

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I think that is why I love being on the computer so much! The saying "I love my computer because all my friends live in there." is so true for me!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Good morning all!!
My feet and hands are a little swollen this morning from sitting up so much yesterday so I am definetly staying in bed on my left side and drinking lots of water...so I am sure the swelling will be down in just a couple of hours.
We got anothe 6 inches of snow last night!! My mom said her temp thing was reading 25F this morning...that is a heat wave for sure!

I took some pictures of DD's Peppermint outfit that I made before Christmas so I can get them posted to my blog. I am just waiting for my camera battery to charge.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PP, I just read your post from yesterday......I know exactly how you feel. I am so sorry. I feel that is just mean. I dont want to get you started on feeling bad, but I did want to tell you that. I think it is funny how good Christians can act like that. At least you do have us....:hugs
LHA, I dont go to high school reunions either. They didnt talk to me in school....why on earth would I want to waste my time talking to them now. Some of them have changed and those people I do converse with.....the ones who havent changed? its theeir loss, right?
I agree, the lord loves us, our hubbies love us, our animals love us, gee, a lot of people love us, LOL.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thanks for all the hugs ladies!

I updated my blog with more pictures!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Thank you. That is how she went dressed for church this morning.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Pam, if it makes you feel any better, when DH and I were planning our wedding, my bridal shower was a total flop! Well, if you can call it a Bridal shower, that is.

I have an Aunt that lived in NM at the time (she is in Texas now) and she came up to visit that year in June. My mother was pregnant at the time with my baby sister, who's now 10. My Aunt and my mom were eachothers best friends as kids so my Aunt contacted me secretly about throwing my mom a baby shower. I was pretty excited about it. We decided it would be at my house and I'd go shopping with my mom or something while the house was decorated.

Unbeknowst to me, my mom and my Aunt were in on planning my BRIDAL SHOWER. So imagine my very pregnant mother and I are trying to beat eachother to the door. I'm so sure it's a baby shower for her, so I want to see her reaction and she's so sure it's a bridal shower for me and wants to see MY reaction. We get in the door and it's BOTH. I was soooo hurt and disappointed. NONE of my bridal party or friends had been invited, no one who was invited showed up, and that was it. My bridal shower consisted of my mom, my grandma, my Aunt fron out of state, my DH (then fiance) and me. It totally sucked. No fancy dinner, no cake of my choosing (there was cake, but it was what my Aunt wanted me to have) and no traditional bridal party to celebrate with me.

To top that off, I had to SHARE the limelight with my 43 year old pregnant mom. :(

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is awful QA!! I probably would have cried!! I think it helped me that I got all of the crying out of my system Thursday night...again I am going to blame it on hormones! DH said one of the ladies that originally said she was going to come to the party..Betty's best friend, goes to my church, Ranger secretary, and my boys are good friends with her DS...brought a gift for me today. She had a death in the family and could not make it yesterday. I thought that was very sweet of her to bring the gift to church today. As long as my OB says I am doing good this Friday I am going to go out shopping and spend my gift cards and get a carseat and maybe a bouncer or portable swing. I am really trying to look on the bright side....although I have not decided if I am even going to talk to the people who did not come and did not give a reason for not coming yet!! :tongue

DH and the kids just got home. She got me a cute pink newborn oufit, three pink onsies, a purple sleeper, and little lamb rattle. CUTE STUFF!!