Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like you really did a good job of beating yourself up today. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, i definatly did.
I ended up not sewing because i sliced both my index fingers on something (not even sure what) but i did get the knobs on the kitchen cabinates painted lol.

on another note..
last night at the group meet one of the members mentioned there wil be another new member from "up north" and is moving to the town one south of me, will be joining us in a few months too.
something clicked but i wasnt sure...
well today i get a message from a friend on another forum...guess what..SAME person lol.
Its a small world! LOL.

in other news, im craving Something nommy...im just not sure what!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well...trying to decide if i want to go up to henderson today or if im just going to stop at the store tomorrow on my way home...
should realy save the gas and i have more than enough milk for tonight and all tomorrows bottles plus sunday morning...so i dont realy NEED to go out.
well that solves it and was relitivly easy LOL.
doing NOTHING today, feeling a little ick, didnt sleep well last night, lots of tossing and turning, kept dreaming about trees...that were trying to eat people...it wasnt scary so much as frustrating because i was telling people trees are firmly roted, stay out of thei reach zone and you wont get eaten, they cant realy WALK after all without rippling themselves out fo the ground and we all know what happens to trees that get ripped out of the ground...
but noone would listen to me and wre running around like idiots and kept running INTO the trees!
it was definatly an odd darwin award type dream, and one that no matter how many times i woke up...i just kept going back to...ugh.

got to prep for tomorrow anyway, going to the auction up in scotts hill with a local goat person, just to take a look, there s alittle resturaunt on site, but i dont have the money to spend so im going to pack a lunch, planning turkey sammich, an apple, might make up a batch of lemon poppyseed muffins and mabe a batch of WBF's crackers (if i have everything i need for those gotta check)
will have to pull out a couple bottles of water from the freezer to take with too...but why spend the money right?!
dont know how long we'll be gone but im not driving (and she has critters to feed too so i doubt wed be out too long)

as a side note...ive ecided people on the internet are wacky..got another email form someone interested in a rabbit telling me she needs a new rabbit cause her baby rabbit got out of its cage and is now runign round the back yard...they cant catch it so she needs a new one...*blink blink*
its not like im GIVING these buns away either, i mean im selling cheaply for the breed but theres no peds on them so im about average for a pure bred bun baby...but still theres plenty of $5-$10 on craigslist that would be much cheaper to loose in the backyard.

Todl her id be happy to sell her a bunny but shed need to correct her current cage so that baby bunny couldnt get out...and that she realy needs to catch the other baby bunny as it wont survve long out in the backyard with the hawks!
odd people out in the world folks...i mean, i thought i was "special" but theres people out there that make me look sane!

anywho.
skyped my mommy this morning cause its her birthday...there in florida this week and will be spending all next week as a "road trip" on the way home (stopping in GA, the other banks, cape may, ect...)
as far as i can tell once dad gets home hes goingto be looking into other job possibilities (i hope so, cause CT is draining him and his current job...he took his vacation time and hes still getting calls and emails about problems at work that he "needs" to fix...Now...you know cause vacation realy means "working from wherever the hell i am at the time" *shakes head*
if he can line something up ive got a feeling theyll be out here by next spring.
mum was always talking about florida, but now shes seen it and it looks like EVERY other place in america shes not as into living there fulltime anymore...she still says shed like a holiday home there somelace like venice beach ect...but to live there full time...ehh...dad likes being right on the water...but i think once he gets out here...as long as he can get to the river easily he'll love it as hes a "rural" kind of guy lol. i do think they need to be looking closer into "town" (ie Outskirts of savannah ect though)
woudl be nice to have them within visiting distance.
there supposed to be comming out in may, we'll see what happens.

and yeah, thats about all i got right now.
so im gonna go again.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We rented a house just off the coast and spent a week in Daytona Beach for Christmas a few years ago. It was so nice!! Being able to stroll along the beach, sitting outside in a T-shirt after dark at Christmas time. Loved it! DH just mentioned last night that it was the only un-stressful Christmas we've ever had together! :lol: Both of our families are demanding, pouty and big on guilt trips to get their way - so being there, we had a built in excuse to avoid the drama, and just have fun!! DS#2 was racing, at Little New Smyrna, and that is ALWAYS stressful to me, but we had fun otherwise. Now, having said all that, there is NO WAY I would live down there full time! I like four seasons, and the knowledge that I won't have to broil in the heat for a large part of the year! My ideal locale would be TN, but DH says no. :( I keep thinking, just 20+ years, and he'll be ready for retirement and may change his mind :lol:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im LOVING TN lol...especially after the mild winter :p

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
That's one of the big selling points for me! I love snow, so long as it is only making a brief appearance! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
pinkfox said:
That's one of the big selling points for me! I love snow, so long as it is only making a brief appearance! :lol:
Same here. When we had all that snow a couple of years ago, I was sick of it! Then, last year, we didn't get as much snow, but it was cold, so the snow didn't melt! Normally, I ride year round-except for when it's too hot or too cold. This winter was perfect weather wise, I just couldn't ride. I'm hoping we have a nice winter this year.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I loved Christmas in FL because as a photographer, everyone who wanted photos was done by the second week of Dec. and DH and I would go on a week long cruise!!!!!! Fewer people on the boat and nice weather!!!!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice!

well the ducks are aparently "well trained" (somehow without any effort) whent out at 7:30 to feed the girls and lock the ducks in, came round the back of them and told them "bed time" and they all paniced and ran striaght to their house LOL!
guess thats the benefit of runner ducks, there paranoid freeks who huddle together like a flock of sheep very easy to herd lol.

sammich is made for tomorrow, got to pull out a couple bottles of water in a little while, and pack up the bits, need to do another search for my lunch bag though, not a clue where thats gone :/

decided ive got to start figuring out the front yard boundry line...the neighbors little rat terrier pooped right near my front door this afternoon and almost ended up punted across the front lawn had i been a little bit quicker. worst part was hes stood right there watching her freeking do it.
if its not one its another.
Grr...inconsiderate people need boots up thier butts.
im going to ask him to put some posts EXACTLY where his property line is so i can plant on my side with no issues and see when hes planning that privicy fence

mabe i should leave a couple of Dozer doozies by his front door one evening LOL!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I vote yes on the Dozer doozies by the front door. I'm mad at inconsiderate/irresponsible/idiotic dog owners today anyway.