Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well today im going to the scotts hill auction...im exctied, im not going to take any money, because well...i dont have any right now LOL. and if i have no money i wont be tempted to buy things i cant afford. itll be good to get an idea not only of what tends to sell well at these things but pricing too. and if its fun its some place i can take the parents when they come on down :D

so if you dont hear from me before midnight tonight, send the army! :p (ive met this lady before and shes very nice! but still, this is my official "checking out" and ill check in once i get home with tales of how i wish id taken money because there was this realy cute *insert random critter here* lol.

still cant find my lunch bag...i was sure id brought it with me...certain infact but its just not in the house and im REALY confuddled.
Oh well, ive got 2 frozen water bottles to throw in the bag so that should keep everything chilly untill lunch time.
Apple, lemon and poppy seed muffin and a turkey sammich :D

its 8:30, still gott o feed the inside critters and put on clothes...:p
laters folks :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, im home safe and sound...

i left the house at 9 am with a pack lunch and no money.
i came home $20 poorer with 2 brandywine raspberry plants and 2 Saddleback Pomeranian Goslings! :lol:

ok, first of all,i have been WANTING geese, ive been looking for goslings, looking at americans primarily but i like the poms too...i have been PLANNING on buying a pair either online from e-fowl (would cost me about $50 after minimums and such) or buying a pair of embdens from the locla feed store (because aparently you simply cannot find ams, oms or cottn patch locally...

so we whent up to the auction in scotts hill, very small turn out this week, im told last week was PACKED, but this week was nothign special, seems the first auction of the month is the busiest...
so we ended up not staying for the auction itself, instead we headed on up to Jackson Tractor supply where the West TN poultry club was having their Swap meet/sale (ive got to find out how often they are as i think that would be a great outlet for selling the buns
anyway, got up there and i noticed a guy with a pair of small africans in the back of his truck (they were chinese x african hence being small) and as i get closer, a tank full of Baby gooseys, i knew immediatly from the pattern they had to be saddlebacks...
yeah TSC let me take money out if i bought something so 2 raspeberry plants and 2 goslings came home with me today LOL.
Now i need to find a good sized dog hosue for them to call home once there old enough
Im HOPING i managed to somehow lucky pic a pair..but we wont know untill there old enough to lay
either way, there adorable, incredibly sweet (no fear of humans, and WANT to be with me, unlike the runners lol) and ive got a silly smile on my face LOL.
if it works out there both boys ill rehome one and try and find a girlfreind for him...if there both girls, ill try and find a boyrfriend and keep them as a trio, and if there a pair...WOOT! lol

So...id like yall to meet...Dandelion and Burdock.

007.jpg

011.jpg

and some of The Puddle Ducks playinging in the sun and in their pool!

003.jpg

009.jpg

and a couple of the newest babbits!

we have 3 that look like

004.jpg

and 5 of the black otters :D

001.jpg

and because im sharing pictures...
one of jack jack being silly with his what was once a wiffle ball and is now a high fashion coture hat!!!
021.jpg

Had a good morning though, the lady i whent with is absolutly a doll, so sweet and nice and she too had gastric bypass so! we had a good chat and kinda hoping we can truck share to the auction once a month mabe :D (hey its a morning out)

going to try and get my 2 sorry looking raspberry plants in the ground tomorrow (no leaves but there not so dried out that they look dead so im going to soak them in rabbit poop tea overnight, pant them in the morning with a good helping of rabbit poop in each hole and see what they do :D the brandywine veriety are a realy dark red and tend to be very nice desert and jam berries.
Ill add 2-4 more next month, probably a light red and a gold veriety and that should do me good for raspberries for a while (least untill i figure out where my acutla berry orchard is at which point ill be taking cuttings and putting ALOT more in. these guys are going alng the fence on our side between the dog and duck yards. im hopign as they fill in theyll provide some screening of the neighbor so the dogs arnt barking every time the guy comes out to "check" on his tomatoes (which is about 10000 times a day lol)
cant realy plant much iN the ducky/bunny yard as the ducks (and geese) will eat anything within reach so the hip roses will go in there and get baracaded off untill there big enough to qithstand the ducks.
then i just need a few blackberries. lol.

anywho. time to go inform facebook that iam indeed alive and safe :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
P i t i f u l!!!!!!!

I'd have done the same thing :p :lol:

They ARE cute though ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol i know NO self control!
i SHOULD have walked away LOL.
but they ended up being cheaper than the feed store wanted for thier pairs of goslings, the only bonus to feed store is they would have been sexed. but it would have cost me almost $10 more for a sexed par of embdens which are not that hard to find, than it did for these 2 saddlebacks, AND these 2 are absolute dolls...just gotta remember not to snuggle them too much, seems the realy "mean" geese are babies raised with way too much snuggle time (they forget they are geese and that you are bigger than them and becmome too bold as adults, i want friendly babies, i dont want OVERLY frinedly babies.

there currently rather unhappy with me and peeping for me because i put them back in the brooder lol.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well got 2 more baby bunnies pending deposits (depsoit should be hitting paypal in the morning!) there going to be house bunnies (spay/neutered) as a little girls spoilt rotten pets.
:celebrate

that leaves the little broken castor male from Bluebells litter as ive decided to temporarily hold back the blue chin male for a little while, see what kind of bun he grows into and what kind of babies he throws (if he is a dilute he should produce opal when bred back to bluebell)
so ill be keeping back a buck and a doe from this litter.
then a couple more weeks and hopefully Rowans litter will also get sales/deposits quickly too!

want to try and pick up a holland lop doe soon to expand that project too.