Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, oh i will cause now ill actually have things to talk about on here lol!

itll be nice to keep track of everything as it goes along step by step since im starting from scractch and going to be claiming this property back from about 7 years of neglect on the land...
noones lived on the property since 2005, and it was a few years prior to that since anyone actually tended the heavier brush too...

i ammounced my going away/housewarming party on facebook today for 2 1/2 weeks from today...that way if anyone buys me gifts ill still have about a week to pack them before the moving truck comes lol...
i doubt many if anyone will come, and i highly doubt anyone will provide gifts but ive made it clear that walmart, lowes and amazon gift cards are the prefered method of gifting, much easier to haul 1100 miles lol.

right now the official move is planned for the week of october 10th.
before then i have to make a list of motels along the route that wont give me an issue about the pets and are still affordable...
im thinking put the cats in 1 larger plastic crate, jack jack will go in the slightly smaller of the 2 wire dog crates, and the dogs will sleep in the other one together...
the linnies will go in a small cage or a small plastic crate.

i also need to getmy car a full service before then and have my breaks checked.

and i still need to get a couple of final quotes for the moving truck. cant get a big truck cause well it wont get up the driveway and probably wouldnt get down my little lane at the new house...its paved but its a little rough and only 1 lane, so ill have to make that very clear too.

lots to do...lots to do.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
lol, oh i will cause now ill actually have things to talk about on here lol!

itll be nice to keep track of everything as it goes along step by step since im starting from scractch and going to be claiming this property back from about 7 years of neglect on the land...
noones lived on the property since 2005, and it was a few years prior to that since anyone actually tended the heavier brush too...

i ammounced my going away/housewarming party on facebook today for 2 1/2 weeks from today...that way if anyone buys me gifts ill still have about a week to pack them before the moving truck comes lol...
i doubt many if anyone will come, and i highly doubt anyone will provide gifts but ive made it clear that walmart, lowes and amazon gift cards are the prefered method of gifting, much easier to haul 1100 miles lol.

right now the official move is planned for the week of october 10th.
before then i have to make a list of motels along the route that wont give me an issue about the pets and are still affordable...
im thinking put the cats in 1 larger plastic crate, jack jack will go in the slightly smaller of the 2 wire dog crates, and the dogs will sleep in the other one together...
the linnies will go in a small cage or a small plastic crate.

i also need to getmy car a full service before then and have my breaks checked.

and i still need to get a couple of final quotes for the moving truck. cant get a big truck cause well it wont get up the driveway and probably wouldnt get down my little lane at the new house...its paved but its a little rough and only 1 lane, so ill have to make that very clear too.

lots to do...lots to do.
us too!! we pack the truck the 10th and leave for kansas the 11th! :) i checked out several truck rental companies online and budget overall gave the best deal. :)

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
VERY Exciting!! Can't wait to see the baby steps to making it your very own!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Your house looks very neat and very cute. It just needs personalizing touches which I'm sure you will be able to provide. I would personally love a little carport like that.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What an exciting adventure!

Your house looks great for having sat since 2005!

Did you get the water issue resolved?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well i havent had a call from the water company saying "hey your house floated away"
my best guess is since the water got shut off in 2005 the valve probably got a little sticky and has been letting a small amount of water through...
i still lke the idea of a magical toilet though :p

the house was origionally owned by my neighbors family, they had a house on the property that has since gone the ways of the dinosaurs, they built the house i bought on the property in 76, they nhabited it untill the 90's then the son (my neighbor) took it over when they got sick, they lived in the house next door to mine and rented the other out but the front corner of the property ended up being the dumping ground...
in 2005 the water got shut off and the house sat emptu untill october of 2010 when my neighbor wqas given the option, sell the house and most of the land or loose both houses so he sold the house im in to the contractor i bought it from. he got it in oct of 2010, replaced the windows, added the carport and utility room, a new roof and cleaned it up inside with a coat of paint and some new carpet in the rooms that the wood was realy badly damaged...
new water heater and new gas heater but otherwise all he did was add some paint inside.

it still has the origional glass fuses in the fuse box, that will eventually need upgrading to a modern breaker box, ill have that done at the same time as i have the generator witch put in, which will be as soon as i can afford.

id like to have the gas (natural) routed into the kitchen too so i can eventually replace the electric stove with a gas range/oven.

other than that, all it realy needs is paint, it realy is in pretty good shape...its just builder basic from the flipper.

he bought it in october, had it back on the market in november so it couldnt have been in that bad a shape when he got it either.

the land itself...well i cant se what its like further back, but the stuff i can see is simply a case of people loosing interest/not having time...lots of overgrown weeds and shrubs.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well its been a busy few days.

my uncle arrived on wedsnesday, hes here for the week and usual;ly when he comes its a week filled of not much exciting, just hanging out not doing much, because well theres no much to do around here other than shopping, he can shop anywhere...
so this year he got his timing and my research right and were making the most of it.

friday we headed to mass for The Big E, weve lived here for 11 years and never been.
had a blast!
saw the vegas extreem magic show and got to catch the circus too, but didnt manage to see everything, i would have loved to spend more time in the dairy and fiber barns, but i realy wanted to see the circus so we cut didnt realy get to see either...but did see lots of other livestock, plenty of gadgets and gizmos, tractors ect.
we had alot of fun, alot of walking...but alot of fun!

yesterday me and my sister then introduced dad and my uncle to a little bit of our world, we took them to the NY rennaiscance faire. i dont know what dad was expecting but he said he was pleasantly suprised, it was much bigger than he expected. and uncle david had an absolute blast! said it was like disney on steroids lol...
im glad they both had fun, was a little chilly though, i was fine, had all my garb and cloak on and it wasnt untill right neer the end that i got chilly...but them wearing regular clothes and fleece jcakets were chilly lol...my sister didnt wear her garb because she worried about getting cold...turned out i was the comfiest of the group in my funny clothes lol.

today theyve gone for sunday morning swim...i was tired and im fighting a cold right now so i stayed home...need to give a bit of a clean up around here and sort the trash out anyway so gonna do that in a few mins now ive finnished my breakfast. this afternoon the motorcycle club we belong to is having their annual picnik so were heading off to that later, it should be a nice afternoon.

in other news my fish who got a case of pop-eye from an injury while i was away is looking much better, didnt want to but did end up resorting to a broad spectrum antibiotic because he was close to loosing his eye, and today it looks almost normal.
yay for gigantor feeling better!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well today i had my 1 year post surgery drs visit.

in 1 yr and 6 months i have lost 176lbs, of that 150lbs is in the past 12 months. i am 173lbs and about 8 lbs from my "ultimate" goal.
my dr is VERY happy with my weight loss rate, im slightly above average for this far out and am still loosing at an excelent rate for this stage since surgery, (about 1lb per week right now)

blood work came back good and bad...
the good is that thyroid function, calcium, blood counts ect are all good to excelent
the bad
my iron is HIGH, high enough to potentially cause problems but she belives its genetic as my mums side all runs iron high, when my mum was pregnant they told her shed have to take iron pills, then took her blood...turned out she had enough iron for 2 pregnant women, incredibly rare...lol

my vit D is LOW...this isnt suprising considering me and the sun are not very good friends...need to boost that

foliate (folic acid) is LOW...the suggestion of eat more fish was put forward but im not a fish fan, however im going to try and make 2 meals a week tilapia (its the only fish i realy like) and at least 1 tuna meal a week too.

but the big worry is my B12...its EXTREEMLY low...

ive been having this problem since before surgery...and no matter what i do we cant seem to bring those numbers up...
at my 6 month check up she upped me from 5000mcg a week to 7500mcg and gave me 2 B12 injections...
she also reccomended 1 egg, 6oz of greek yogurt and 4oz of chicken, beef or fish every day minimum.
so ive been doing that for the past 6 months...
this month i go in for my 1 year my b12 is LOWER than last time...
*thud*
so today i got a b12 shot, got to go in next weds for another and the weds after for another, plus im on 2500mcg per day
according to studies the average person needs 2.8 micrograms per day...so yeah...
not sure whats going on there.
i still have to keep ontop of eating foods rich in B12, while being carefull of foods high in iron (frustrating because the 2 seem to go hand in hand lol)

were gonna see where the levels lie in a month and then assuming its ok, no more shots, but continue on the daily 2500mcg for 2 months and recheck blood, if its still low then it looks like ill be looking into giving myself weekly B12 shots for a month, then monthly shots after that...
aparently my body doesnt like B12.

D and folic are both only mildly low and explained by the birthcontrol im on so were just doubling my mins for those and it should fix the issue since my calcium is good...
iron i need to find a chewable multi with NO added iron, and go easy on iron rich foods lol...

but the B12 is a worry...
this is especially true given im bipolar and low B12 can contribute to mania and cause nasty long term mental issues...and i have enough of those as it is.

however other than that i got an A+ for everything else! so YAY.

so ill be getting a b12 shot before the move then blood work about 2 weeks after that which will be sent to my team here in ct and my new dr in TN. ive got to find out if the bariatrics center in jackson will take me as a patient for any future checkups (or in case of tummy related emergency) and next week ill be calling some docs in the area to see if they take my insurance and find a primary care and a psych.

all kinds of fun times.