POTUS Impeachment Trials

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank overyone for being being polite and respectful of others in your responses. It says a lot about the integrity of all the members here on SS. I can bet dollars to donuts, most every other forum, a thread like this would have had big problems, real quick. But it's obvious to me we have more dignity than most others. Maybe it's the self sufficient life style that fosters a high level of nobility of character. After all doing good for your self and others is really what self sufficiency lifestyle is all about.

Thanks again everyone!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A friend told me her father always asked to be buried in one particular cemetary. Everyone was curious because it wasn't the most conveniently placed, nor the prettiest, etc. He drove them by, and pointed out the business that was across the street.... a tax consulting business. Death and Taxes. ;)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter What we are seeing as our country continues to fall away from the great nation our founding fathers intended is the playing out of Bible prophecy. Yes, we should be praying for our country. Can our country be turned around? Only by a massive movement of God's people.

2 Chronicles 7:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This verse is FOR THE BELIEVER. God calls HIS people to repentance, and prayer. Are we, as individuals fulfilling the IF of this conditional statement? I know that I fall short moment by moment, and day by day.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well I'm a registered independent and have voted Democrat and Republican, I'm not aligned to a single party at all. I can't ever remember voting "conscience" because "all are flawed".

Locally I vote for who I know, example a friend of mine is running for county coroner. I know he is qualified he's been a police officer and is currently a surgeon. It doesn't matter which party he runs under, he has my vote.

At the state and presidential level, I vote for who has the best deal for the state or country. Personality, means very little to me. Like I said "all are flawed", nobody is perfect. I don't expect perfection from anyone. Yes I have voted for people who have rubbed me and my believes the wrong way, because they promised a better deal.

Sometimes it boils down to the lessor of two evils for me. But I always vote, it's just one thing that makes America the greatest country on earth. We the people get to regularly choose who we want to represent us. If you don't vote your missing out on a great freedom of choice.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I remember when politicians ran on a combination of positions: fiscal policy, national defense, and social policy. This crossed party lines. You could find folks at odds over one of the three, but agree on two.

When did things become so almost religiously dogmatic with views based solely on party?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First I am a registered independent. Second I absolutely refuse to do business with any company that spews hate of "A" president of the united states, regardless what my political opinions are or aren't. A company that disrespects the office of the president of the united states of America, does not deserve my business. The United States is a free country, therefore I am free to spend my money where I choose.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did not vote for Bill Clinton, especially on his "tax the rich" campaign of fools. Haha, taxes went up for the middle class, as anybody with a job was rich. Anyway, even though I didn't like him, I thought his impeachment was a load of crap. He lied about an affair. So did John F Kennedy and probably hundreds of others in the upper echelons of our hallowed halls of gooberment.

All this impeachment process, to me, is a waste of time and tax money. Election time is not that far away, if Trump is so hated, let the voters vote him out.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Creal, I do hope you are right. I would love to see this whole debacle result in a massive back lash, with voters standing up and saying, "enough is enough. Stop the foolish. Stop the stupid." No matter what the outcome, our country is in a world of hurt with sick politics. Pray. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Latest posts