POTUS Impeachment Trials

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've seen numerous elections and I've never seen the rabid hatred that I've seen during this presidency. Some people were even calling for Trump's impeachment before he had taken his oath of office! Almost every other president has had to deal with people not liking them and/or their policies, but not like this. I just haven't seen anything that would indicate that Trump is any better or worse than any others, from BOTH parties.

I could not have said it any better myself even if I thought long and hard on it first.

I really hope everyone understands the DANGER this will cause. It will set the course of history. All I can say is the democrats better damned well have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. My fear is if they don't this impeachment will rip the soul of this country right in half and it will take generations to repair.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You know, the real enemy here is the mainstream media. No real journalism really. Yes, in the past newspapers were unabashedly partisan and that was well known. People knew what they were reading. The Civil War newspapers floor me. Now, we get to see daily montages of talking heads on multiple channels using the same exact catch phrase each new day

We watch the local news which glosses over the national headlines.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Conviction first, impeachment next.
Nope.
"Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body levels charges against a government official. Impeachment does not in itself remove the official definitively from office; it is similar to an indictment in criminal law, and thus it is essentially the statement of charges against the official."

Impeachment just means the president has been CHARGED. It means he will likely go to "trial" in front of the Senate. Think of the Senate as the jury. He has not been convicted of anything at this point.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interjecting into the conversation because I think it's relevant and important.

How do you turn a democrat into a republican? scare them.

How do you turn a republican into a democrat? make them feel safe.

:eek:
So while I'm slightly left-leaning moderate, I see that the Democrats do themselves disservice with some of their current actions.

For me, feeling safe and unafraid is having my .357 on my side. At least I know I have an equalizer, should I ever have to use it (hope not). I haven't ever in the past or in the foreseeable future, see myself relying on government to provide safety or security for me or my family. As a man that's my job, not the government.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Impeachment is very confusing to a lot of folks. They don't get the series of events or the order in which they unfold. This is a good lesson for some. Now it looks like some of the evangelicals are recognizing the immorality of the prez.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With regards to POTUS and Evangelical support. I don't know about you, but my Bible is full of God choosing people with flaws. As a matter of fact, I don't recall reading about one person God chose (except Jesus) who was flawless. I believe that's because all of us are not flawless, each and every one of us. I don't like to use the word "all" in my speach or writing because it's rarely ever true. But in this case it is most definitely true. If your looking for the perfect POTUS you will never find one, because we all have faults.

See Romans 23:3 and Luke 6:37 :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Agreed. There was a king who stole an other man's wife. Got her knocked up. When he found out that she was with child, he sought to hide his sin by having the woman's husband called back from his war, for a bit of "family time". When the man refused to take R and R with his wife, while the rest of the troops were on the front lines, the king gave him a letter to carry to his commander. The dutiful soldier delivered the sealed envelope. It was his death sentence. The commander was instructed to place this soldier at the front of the lines, in enemy territory, then to withdraw the rest of the troops, leaving this man to be killed by the enemy.

Presidential material? Certainly not by man's standards.

This man was King David. the youngest and least likely son of Jesse, who God chose to be King. Not only was David chosen to rule the nation of Israel, but he was blessed and chosen to be in the line of Jesus. God called David "a man after My own heart."

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” Isaiah 9:6-7

“And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:” Acts 13:22-23

There are none righteous, no not one. God uses even an adulterer and murderer to accomplish His will.