Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
oh my goodness, lol, my DS is only 9 but wants to do what yours does soooo bad! If he lived with me, I can guarantee he would! lol
Andy got his first one when he was 5. Sometimes, his racing is a scary thing. We had 1 trip to the ER for a slight concusion. For a couple of days he "lost" about 10 minutes of that race, didn't even remember being on the start gate. After a while, he got most of it back. His BF has so far dislocated his colar bone, broken the small bone in his leg and just recently ran over his foot.

I'm trying to talk them into playing the violin or something.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Today was pretty uneventful. I woke up with the onset of a migraine so I took my prescription for it. I've managed to keep it a bay.

I didn't do a whole lot: got DS to take a couple of tests (geometry & chemistry), hung out 2 loads of clothes, baked 2 loaves of cinnamon bread. DH took us to Cracker Barrell for supper, yeah for me! I made sure all the chicken feeders/waterers were full since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I hope it does, we really need it.

Now, I am sitting here on the couch with a dog in my lap and another by my side, snoring away lol. So it's my bedtime, too.

Good night, see ya'll in the morning.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
If I wrote about anything interesting happening today, it would be made up. It's been one of those rainy, misty, cold and grey days. We do need the rain, cause we're almost 11" behind on the year.

DH was looking for a chip trailer since one of his is damaged. He unloads woodchips from rail cars into tractor trailers to haul to the paper mill. He found one in Knoxville which is about a 45 minute drive. The salesman on the phone told him it had a rip in the front & was in the shop being repaired. So, with a cashier's check in hand we went to see for ourselves. Glad we did cause it not only had the gash, but was twisted on the frame as well. No thanks.

But, on a good note, today was my first 8 egg day! :cool:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Well, I'm sitting here watching the UT & Bama game. Just got finished feeding 4 teenage boys. We ordered pizza tonight - 2 large handtossed bacon cheeseburgers from Dominos. I don't think I've ever seen pizza disappear so fast. :ep After that, they finished off 1/2 a pecan pie.
I don't know how ya'll feed more than 3 kids every day.

Breakfast was biscuits with chunks of country ham and cheddar cheese mixed in the dough. Yummy

I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the house, ugh! DS even picked up his dirty clothes for a change.

Checked on the chickens and found 2 eggs in the Buff Orp's run. I put another fake egg in the 2nd nest box so maybe they will use it when the other is busy.

DH has napped quite a bit today. He has a pretty painful ear infection. His jaws make this awful gritty grinding sound when he yawns. Yesterday, the DR said he had never saw anything like it. He gave him antibiotics & said to come back in a week.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Seahound said:
You have a great setup with the greenhouse and coops' Your coops are beautiful !! Those are some lucky chickens !
Thanks. I think I'm pretty lucky though, too.;) My DH is just the best. He and I did all that work together. I'm still trying to get him to give in on some goats, tho'. :rolleyes:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
My day started out being awakened by the sound of one of the dogs barfing in the floor. :barnie So, got up, turned on the light and cleaned it up. Yep, now I'm awake.

I made some oatmeal for breakfast. We didn't go to Church since today was committee meeting. We go to a small country church and have never transfered our m'ship there. We do tithe there, but feel we don't have much say as to where the money goes.

We ran down to the shop to see if they had brought any rail chip cars in. They hadn't, but 80 railroad cars full off hardwood chips are in the system for next week. It takes about 2 hours to unload one. That's alot of man hours and alot of stress on DH. He has to rearrange employees and shifts and that stretches his guys out pretty thin, too.

Grabbed a bite to eat while we were out. While there, DS's best friend's family called to see if we wanted to ride to the mountains with them. This was around 2:30 and it's about an 1 1/2 drive one way. Said maybe next time. We are not exactly spur of the moment people. I like to plan and prepare. Take a camera, picnic lunch, stuff like that. DS went with them anyway.

Got home and we had 8 eggs for the 3rd day in a row. We only have about 12 hens laying. If I sell the dozen I have now, I will have paid for my first bag of feed. They are on their 5th bag. Lots of work for them to do yet.:lol:

My dad brought up about 3 gallons of dried apples someone had given in exchange for turnip greens. I rebagged them and put them in the freezer. I'm gonna make a bunch of fried apple pies and give some to daddy.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey punkin hope DH is feeling better soon on his meds. Nasty having any ear type trouble, makes it hard for me to sleep when I have something like that. Hope he is on the mend.

Your Dad will love those fried apple pies...but be careful, you might be receiving tons of food from now --knowing a delish surprise might come from it...HA HA HA

My Dad is building an art easel for Nicole for Christmas. The one in ToysRUs is like $80 and Dad can make it for almost nothing.....so yes, I know Dads are great people aren't they? Your Dad sounds real nice! :)

Latest posts