Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Getting rid of 5 roosters Saturday.:weee Giving them away for free just because they need to go. Still have about 40 chickens, 2 ducks, 8 rabbits, 3 cows, and 4 cats. I need help. :th

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My horses USED to be a business, at which I did well. Now -- well, they retired, I didn't. Goats & chickens pay most of their upkeep. Plus provide a good amount of healthy foodstuff.
It's supplementing between sales -- or buying more :hide -- that keeps me wondering 🤔 What else would I do??? It's my life. I'm ok with it. No one is going hungry!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My horses USED to be a business, at which I did well. Now -- well, they retired, I didn't. Goats & chickens pay most of their upkeep. Plus provide a good amount of healthy foodstuff.
It's supplementing between sales -- or buying more :hide -- that keeps me wondering 🤔 What else would I do??? It's my life. I'm ok with it. No one is going hungry!

pretty much the same here too, minus the animals. :) the gardens keep me happy and physically active enough which my body really needs. a few hours of digging or weeding and i feel a lot better. as long as i can avoid the accidents which can set me back i do really well here.

it is so much nicer than working some cruddy part-time job for measly pay, we get good food put by or for fresh eating and i love working with nature and seeing what happens next with the beans i've been cross-breeding (well the bees have been doing that for me i just observe and apply some selection pressure).

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rammy, I have met you in person. You definitely are not stupid. You just work with assholes that like to look down on others so that they feel better about their own selves. You lack a certain amount of confidence when dealing with others. That does not make you stupid, it just makes you vulnerable to jerks that put other people down so that they can feel superior.

You are not just a dumb groomer. You are skilled in caring for dogs, making them look and feel better. Nothing dumb about that. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in squeezing dog butts? Nope. Do you need one? Nope. Do you know how to do your job? Yes and you do it well.

Let's face it, California is a failed state. People are leaving it left and right, moving to other states. I suppose your coworkers think it a great place to live-they should move there quickly! You are entitled to your opinion. I'm guessing that you and your coworkers are on political opposite sides and that you are outnumbered. Bullies are not just in the school yard, they are in work places too.

Perhaps you could look around for another job? Maybe at one of the big pet stores where grooming is an important part of their business. If you decide to stay where you are, concentrate on the life you have outside of work. You have a home, acreage and that is quite an accomplishment. You have your animals and your own world where you are happy. Piss on those witches.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ive decided to sell my banty hens, one of my junior does from my last litter, and the Californians. Im just going to keep the red buck, Leo, the white NZ buck, and the three remaining does. I plan on keeping a red doe from my NZ doe I bred to Leo this time so when she is old enough, I will have 2 trios.
I can stagger the breedings by doing one trio, then when the kits are weaned and sold, or freezer camp, breed the second trio and give the first two does a break.
I plan to sell a few more chickens, too, to get down to a more manageable amount. Feed bill is way to high.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The virus crap has lots of people stressed out. We who are prepared are a whole lot better off, not to mention we have our sanctuary places. What better de-stressor than our animals, gardens and land? Even a small yard with a few chickens or rabbits puts us light years ahead of people in an apartment. We are Blessed.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pawned another of Belle's kits onto Betty this morning. So now they both have 7 kits. I think this will even the nursing odds up better so all the kits have equal chances now. 😁 When I was checking the kits by just pulling the nest box up to the door, both does were grunting at me. Awwww...protective mommies. Betty nipped my jacket. I didnt scold her for it tho, shes just doing her job. I'll just take the box out to count and make sure the babies have full tummies like I did before.
One of Belle's kits looks like its going to have a blaze of white on its face. I'll take a pic tonight and post it.🐇

Last edited: