Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a chicklet! :celebrate

20200822_163532.jpg

I figured it would be soon. Went to run errands and when I got back, tada! 🐣🐥
The other chicklet is working on it. Should be tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

20200822_163539.jpg

Right above the X in the middle you can see the pip. :weee

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They got over it. 😁 This morning I replaced some wire on one side of Belle's hutch. Yesterday when I was trimming her nails I noticed a large sore area with no hair on it on her shoulder. First thought was the rats tried to hurt her but the realized it was where she was rubbing up against the spot I had cut the wire trying to put a J feeder there. The feeder was pushed out a little so Im not sure if she was attempting an escape or it was from her trying to eat.
I didnt put the feeder in right so it wasnt letting the pellets flow down. I had cut the wire high and was using that to rest the bottom on instead of lower using the wood frame as support. Oops.
So niw she has wire that is 1 x 1 inch and allows for a no cut J feeder to hang there.
Live and learn.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Ridgetop on BYH is using both a ratinator trap and a squirrelnator or some other one for the "ground squirrels" (which I know as chipmunks) and is catching them like gangbusters... Moves to a new spot after a couple of days. Catches a bunch at a time until they get smart I guess....

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
math in the morning is tough for me too... ;)
It's not math in the morning; it's just the numbers would scare some people.... don't forget we run a cow/calf operation.... as well as my nurse cows but they are dry right now.... normally have 2-3 calves each ( the one in milk has 3 on her) and the chickens although my numbers are down.

Let's just say we have over 150 beef brood cows, half with spring calves, and the other half starting to calve now. And the heifers and couple of nurse cows will be calving in a month or so..... and heifers to get ready to go with a bull to get bred.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Went to start the farmall H one day, Battery was not charging so left it on a hill to roll.... ALWAYS starts right up after only about 5 feet..... Nothing.... stopped it half way down incline. looked, checked everything.... OOOPPPPS didn't turn on the gas.... has a little cut off right at the glass bowl that acts like a sediment filter...... DUH!!!! rolled it 2 feet and it started right up....:th:he:smack:smackmaybe dye my white/gray hair black?????