Rammy's Rabbit Thread

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She may have mites and they aren’t showing all that scabby stuff yet. Might want to dose her just because.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The hair on her ears is all gone. I have been cleaning hair off the wire lately so I think she is just shedding. I am going to start treating this weekend. She is already skittish so why not make her hate me more? :lol:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not rabbit related but one if the chicks one of the broody hens hatched out about a month ago disappeared. It was around yesterday morning but after I had finished mowing the pasture and yard, I noticed it was gone. While I was mowing the pasture, I noticed one of those buzzard hawks flying around and all the chickens were inside the coop. Wonder if thats what happened to it. The chicks havent been staying close to the flock but squeezing thru the 2 x 4 inch wire fence to peck around. The little black one thats gone was going into the back yard by itself. Its too bad that something got it.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, I have trouble reading the smaller font, too. This font could be just a little smaller, but there is no font in between this one (18) and (15). Bummer.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So my broody hens are hatching out some chicks. One JG hen had 2 under her hatched out couple days ago. One morning I check and one is missing. Pretty sure what probably happened to it.
Time to change bait.
Got a half box full of tomatoes and got enough for 4 more quarts of juice. Got a few nice size squash out of the garden. Picked this one out that was small but felt really heavy. Opened it up and it was full of water. Chickens got alot of scraps and some small pickle cucumbers.
Talked to a friend who has rabbits and have decided after asking her advice that Im only going to breed 2 does at a time this fall. I'll breed the 2 proven does first, then the junior does next time, alternating each pair.
That way I wont be overwhelmed with alot of kits to sell or process. I still need to tattoo the ones I kept plus the red buck, but havent had time.
Yet again, my yard needs mowed and my pasture, but Mom wants to can hamburger. Spent all last weekend at her house while trying to play catch-up at mine. Plus working.
Feeling a little overwhelmed. Just a bit.
Also need to clean and power wash the cages, get some 2 x 4s to mount the hanging cages in the barn, get new wire to replace the bottom of a big hutch I got of CL, build at least 4 outdoor hutches for the bucks and 2 does. Need to power wash the house, spray and weedeat the fenceline. But, of course, my time is not mine anymore.
I think I will turn in my notice.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know WHY you are feeling overwhelmed. Probably doing something useless and stupid--like sleeping, eating and wasting time on the toilet. :lol:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know WHY you are feeling overwhelmed. Probably doing something useless and stupid--like sleeping, eating and wasting time on the toilet. :lol:
Time on the toilet is great because I have enough TP to last a year. Been stocking up for years on supplies in case the SHTF, which it has. Canning everything I can from the garden. Yep, just a little overwhelmed with what I need to do plus be at my Moms alot. I got news for her, tho. Im taking next weekend off.
Now, I need to hunt down canning lids. Be vewy, vewy quiet, Im hunting canning supplies.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha, I do the same thing. I have my proverbial buckets of beans, rice, oatmeal, sugar, wheat —3 different types—and a mill to grind it with. I’ve been using up the rice and I canned beans per your instructions. Time to rethink my stash and redo some things. I’ve always canned and this year I’ve been blessed with an abundance of tomatoes, I’ve canned sauce, salsa, spaghetti sauce, and I just made a small batch of BBQ sauce. I scored a case of wide mouth quart jars couple days ago to fill with spaghetti sauce. Lids! Lids! I have enough. It’s that SHTF mentality. This winter when everyone else is done with canning, we will be the ones buying up all we can to get a couple of years ahead. LOL LOL