Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thats the plan. Once all the wanna be canners realize how much work is involved growing, preparing, and processing everything, maybe us hardcore preppers can stock up.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My JG hen hatched out one chick about 3 days ago. They were out scratching around when the Egyptian Fayoumi rooster came over and snatched it up by the neck and killed it. :somad MF is GONE!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry about the chick.
Had even more disappointment this morning. One of my buff Brahmas had hatched a second chick yesterday. Its gone this morning. Ive got ro get rid of these rats. I know thats what probably happened to this one. They arent eating the poison anymore. I need to change it. Im pretty upset.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What rat poison? We use One Bite every fall under the house to keep mice from coming in the house.

We had a snake in a coop yesterday where I am raising replacements pullets. From 12 I now have 9. There was 1 dead and one in his belly, so it must have got one on an earlier visit. I went for my secret weapon-PARIS!!

BJ handed me a shovel, I jabbed the snake, it tried to escape and Paris grabbed it. Between me, the shovel and Paris, that snake was dead, dead, dead. BJ slung it over the fence to the pigs. They ate the pullet out of it first, then started on the rest of it. I love that dog. She is so fierce. None of the other dogs go for snakes, but she sure does.

0F61175C-244E-4B58-A0FA-CD938FBC7958.jpeg

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its whatever I got at the feed store I got the trap at. Dont remember the name right now. I was going to do what my neighbor suggested and put twinkies in there then switch after a few days to another brand bait and smear twinkie stuff on it. I dont know where they came from and dont know how to eradicate them now. I know theyve been here since last year but didnt know it til I cleaned out the area where the rabbits are.