Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No problems FJ- I want to hear every opinion!

Yes - low carb means different things to different folks. When DH was first diagnosed with diabetes - nearly 20 years ago they told him he could have 60 grams of carbs for each meal! :duc:ep Crazy! Even when he was hospitalized for diabetic ketoacidosis a few years back and we requested a 'diabetic' diet they would bring him toast, pancakes mashed potatoes and corn... I was floored. When I complained they told me we should have requested a "low-carb" diet. Who would've thunk that a diabetic diet would be anything OTHER than low carb??? Geeze...

I also don't think the protein intake is what initially damaged his kidneys - diabetes damaged his kidneys. Now it's just a matter of finding a way to mitigate the damages and reduce any extra stress on the kidneys.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm considering one of those "spiralizers" so I can make veggie noodles. Anybody use one? We also use the "miracle noodles" with some success.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Oh yeah, both the small hand held and the bigger stand version. Love my zoodles

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
It sounds like you have access to some great information there Jamie!
I am now on the D2 lifestyle. But I haven't been able to make the 20 carb per day goal yet.
Check your Facebook, @moxies_chickennuggets , I requested my admin pal to add you to a great private group. Recipes galore, great support and advice, as well as sense of humor

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh thank you Jamie!!! :hugs:thumbsup

Oh, where do I find it on mt FB. it should show up as some kind of notification...yes?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Would love to see some of those recipes posted here?! :):fl
I forgot, you don't do Facebook. My friends invest a lot of time into their pages and sites like Sumi does here. I want them to get credit for their work. I will post some, but you can always check out

Www.thelowcarbdish.com

What are you interested in?

Latest posts