Recycling toilet paper tubes

c1tph

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I've saved some this year to make Christmas crackers/bon bons. You can buy the strip that makes them bang at a craft store. This way I can put more useful prizes in than the ones you buy, and can personalise the jokes and sayings you get in them for my own family and friends.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOLS, we cover them with peanut butter and bird seed and make feeders for the garden, we have some hungrrrrrryyy wild birds here.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
My kids and I made some "ornaments" for the chickens.

Using a flour and water to make a paste, stick scratch on! :D Let dry and hang somewhere!

SANY0814.jpg

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We used to use them at the pre-k I worked at after hs. We made all kinds of people out of them, allot like the Christmas angel mentioned before. When the kids were done with them we would take the stuff off (we used rubber cement or low temp glue gun so stuff could be removed) and we would make binoculars.

We make fire starters, pots, store stuff in them and all kids of other stuff. I do the same with paper towel tubes and such.

Love this post!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I swear my Chocolate Lab has learned to count the TP sheets left on the roll,because she knows she always get the empty to play with! LOL

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
c1tph said:
I've saved some this year to make Christmas crackers/bon bons. You can buy the strip that makes them bang at a craft store. This way I can put more useful prizes in than the ones you buy, and can personalise the jokes and sayings you get in them for my own family and friends.
Can you give more explanation for this???? A step by step picture of how to put them together would help too! What do you mean a 'strip that makes them bang'???? I am thinking my kiddos would LOVE this!!

Latest posts