Recycling toilet paper tubes

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use cans for worm collars. Cut out both bottom and tops after rinsing them out.
You can also use tubes for holding computer wires and such together so they aren't all over the place. Wrapping paper tubes are better for this since they are longer. But you can tape toilet paper tubes together for the same effect.
Love everyones ideas. Now I have more uses for mine.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
anyone else have the Tupperware pie crust mat? Its so big its a pain to store, I rolled mine up and put it in a tube. We used to make the fire starters in girl scouts, they work great.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Um....we toss 'em in the woodburner.................

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if they could be used to pack eggs or store eggs if you cut them...? Ir put into a basket somehow to keep the eggs from knocking against each other when collecting them.

You could do all kinds of arts and crafts with them - I bet they could be used to make pom-poms!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've never recycled toilet paper rolls... but i have a distant cousin who used to give them to her small dogs as christmas presents... I think she did something to them but I can't remember what... just a creative idea to give your animal a christmas present i guess :lol:

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
You could do all kinds of arts and crafts with them
This reminds me of our first Christmas together when I made our Christmas tree angel from a toilet paper tube, a styrofoam ball covered with a piece of nylon stocking & scrap felt features, and the ruffled body, full sleeves and wings were all made of coffee filters; long cotton from pill bottles was the hair. (We called her our Dolly Parton angel, with that hair.) Cost: zero! Enjoyment: lots! :)

mamakate

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Well, ya see, you fashion tiny collars for your worms that you have in your bin, as they are real slippery and can get away from you when out for exercise....

:lol:

Seriously, to place around the stems of squash, cucumbers, etc. to prevent squash bugs, cut worms, etc. from laying larvae in the stems of the seedlings. I've tried this with TP tubes, straws, etc. with little to no success. :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :yuckyuck

Lunachick

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, I got some great ideas reading this topic. Question - where do you all store these t.p. tubes you collect?

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just kept mine in a brown shopping bag in the closet. We give some to the art teacher, too.