Scrounge any good things lately? I did!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Those are very big and sturdy pallets! I can't find anything like that around here, sad to say. I bet Aly would love to get her paws on those! ;)

You must be in the middle of scrounge heaven, Karan! :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Man, would I love to get my paws on those pallets!!! I could use three or four of them for my winter's firewood!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOOK at those pallets!!!!! *drools*

They made a beautiful fence!!!!!!!!!!!!

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks Gang :) Yes they did make a wonderful fence I am trying to get 2 or 3 more to finish it on the other side of our moble home.

We have used smaller pallets for our fire wood as well for the last 4 years. and I plan to use smoe of the smaller ones for my compost bins as well. There are so many uses for wood pallets. :clap

Reclaim and Reuse is the name of the game :woot

:frow Karan :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Hey Karan, your greenhouse is looking really good! :D Did you cover the ends with glass windows? Is the top plastic? I just wonder, because from the photo it looks like you have a bluish glaze on the windows, so I wondered what materials you used. It looks good, in any case. :)

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Hey Karan, your greenhouse is looking really good! :D Did you cover the ends with glass windows? Is the top plastic? I just wonder, because from the photo it looks like you have a bluish glaze on the windows, so I wondered what materials you used. It looks good, in any case. :)
Drakemaiden Thanks , I am really proud of it and DH's hard work. :clap
It is an 8 mil thick vinyl that DH found called Vinyl pane. It was delveloped by a man who was trying to find a window covering for his chicken coop that the chickens couldn't easily damage. It is 2x the thickness as the greenhouse plastic we cover the rest of it with. I sure wish we could afford to cover the whole thing with it. Just to cover the front was $200 So just try to imagine how much it wold cost to cover it all. In April we had wind take a 15' x 20' area torn out of the top of the east side. It took a 50' x 100' tarp to cover the greenhouse. That is why it looks blue in the photo. DH cut a 15' section off the end of the tarp after it was stapled down. so I am guessing it would be 50' x 85' area. I told DH maybe we could do a panel of the month or so. I wish :fl

:frow

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, good luck Karan! It looks great from the front! Ours is glass on one end, the rest is greenhouse plastic sheeting . . . we will probably glass over all of the bottom portions, but you know, it scares me to think of having a glass roof, and I am not the most careful person as far as having gardening implements inside of a glass sided building!!!!! :hide I like the way the vinyl looks, so I will keep it in mind! :) Progressing one panel at a time, sounds like a good goal to me. I hope you can keep the momentum going! :)

giasmom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Okay I'm a newbie here, however I am not new to scrounging things. My latest find was today on the side of the road in my moms neighborhood. I found one of those Hamilton Beach Water Dispensers. It holds the 3 or 5 gallon water jugs, has the storage area on the lower 1/2, it also dispenses HOT & COLD water. Looked like it was in great shape so I got it. I was planning on tearing it apart to see what all was inside it I might could use at a later date. Anyway I plugged it in & it worked ! Only thing I could find wrong with it was the cold water didn't really get that cold. So I started looking into , why? I noticed one of the fans in the back of it was not working. Its the same size as a computer fan, which I have many of , so I replaced it & now it looks & runs GREAT ! All I really was hoping for was that it might have a usable thermostat in it I could use to build a new bator for my eggs. Now I have this NICE dispenser that I really have no use for but don't want to part it out because it works! Sorry so long, just wanted to share.
Thanks for having me here !

Latest posts