Scrounge any good things lately? I did!

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:thumbsup Great job spotting reuseable items as Free mentioned maybe sell it and get that bator.
:welcome great to have you here on SS

:frow Karan :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
6-7 large boxes of masonry rock.

Looks like large, smooth and round river rock with a flat back.

Got some ideas for it, too. Like maybe a built in outdoor canning area complete with propane burners.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ooooooooooo! Me likes that idea immensely! :love I would love to have a summer kitchen...... :p

jessejames

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
did i ever get a bunch of good stuff while in the city this weekend.
1. 40 g rain barrel with locking lid!!
2. a nice sied pile of mahogany scraps
3. a big steel cabinet work station (i'll post pics later i threw this stuff in my trailer thats coming up here tonight i took train home long story)

well thats all this week but i am always happy to get new rain barrels. thats 2 i've gotten in the last month !!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
jessejames said:
did i ever get a bunch of good stuff while in the city this weekend.
1. 40 g rain barrel with locking lid!!
2. a nice sied pile of mahogany scraps
3. a big steel cabinet work station (i'll post pics later i threw this stuff in my trailer thats coming up here tonight i took train home long story)

well thats all this week but i am always happy to get new rain barrels. thats 2 i've gotten in the last month !!!!
Awesome!!

Now you must tell us your long story!! :pop

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got a FREE refridgerator/freezer this past weekend. I needed another one to use part of the year when the garden starts to really produce, but it is still too warm for storage of the produce in my basement and hatchway. I usually start to have a problem with the overflow beginning in September. I dont need to run the 'fridge but a few months a year for the produce and maybe again at Christmas. We do a lot of cooking and baking during the holidays.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
I got a FREE refridgerator/freezer this past weekend. I needed another one to use part of the year when the garden starts to really produce, but it is still too warm for storage of the produce in my basement and hatchway. I usually start to have a problem with the overflow beginning in September. I dont need to run the 'fridge but a few months a year for the produce and maybe again at Christmas. We do a lot of cooking and baking during the holidays.
:woot

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i forgot till i saw this post today, but a few weeks back i got five 55 gallon plastic drums " out of the way" at the firestation. i have already added most of them to my rain water collection system. still planning to add the remaining drums to another system im making. I have become a scrounge fanatic i have recently scrounged stuff like mason jars, more angle iron than ill ever use, old clothes, used tires that are still useable, 5/4 deck boards that i have used to make raised beds out of, picked up a whole box of self tapping metal screws that contractors are to lazy to pick up, 2 red tick hounds that were being given away because of a family dispute and more but i think ive made out like a thief lately.

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I found nice wheelbarrow along the side of the hi-way. A little beat up, but it cleaned up real nice.