shortages

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tobacco has been used as a deworming agent in years past, as well as in some herbal mixes. Guess you were worm free 🤣

hahahaha! i guess, eating a lot of garlic and onions must help? the worms i have now are in plastic buckets.

Glad you stopped smoking!! 👍

me too! my lungs aren't all that great to begin with - i wish someone had just knocked me over the head when i started it up.

Fixit

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Stray knowledge kicking in again . Nicotine in small doses is actually good for you . Mmm we call it niacin . Of course to much of a good thing can kill you also .

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So many kitchenaid attachments being made by different companies now. i'm going to try this fruit strainer for tomatoes. Only because it's made in USA (North Carolina) is dishwasher safe, people seem to like it and has a lifetime warranty. Keep the box and the receipt.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Quoting myself again 🙄

It's large, seems well built, made in USA (North Carolina), distributed through Amazon and has lifetime warranty. It is for saucing apples and tomatoes, but I suspect it might could sauce pears also.
IMG_20220922_162558440.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Shortage of Florida orange juice. Florida's Natural is no longer "not from concentrate"

Citrus has been struggling, this looks to be a long-term problem.

Attachments

• 20220930_220145.jpg
    20220930_220145.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 49

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We don't drink much orange juice. Every now and then just get a craving. I think the shelf stable small Tropicana bottles I bought were the most prudent choice for us. Nothing goes to waste that way. I may have to go get another pack to last us another 6 months or so.

I do remember hearing about crop issues last year

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Quoting myself again 🙄

It's large, seems well built, made in USA (North Carolina), distributed through Amazon and has lifetime warranty. It is for saucing apples and tomatoes, but I suspect it might could sauce pears also.
View attachment 20396

Quoting myself again and again 😂 But it's only fair to give my review of Cirillo Houseware Fruit Strainer Attachement.

It's good, I like it. Would I recommend it? Absolutely I would. It preformed better than I expected it would.

Here's the end of the first run of cut tomatoes with the kitchen aid on a speed of 4.
IMG_20221002_142938181.jpg

I disassembled the fruit strainer attachement and cleaned it up in a bucket of water, it cleaned up easily enough. I reassembled and ran just what was left in the pulp discharge bowl from the first run. And with the kitchen aid on full speed (second run).
IMG_20221002_145530448~2.jpg

The pulp discharge was fairly dry after the second run and there really was no need to do a third run.

i disassembled again and rinsed in the bucket. I filled up our turkey and duck waterer with what was in the bucket.
IMG_20221002_150815767.jpg

Here is the pulp (seeds and skins) that I'll mix into our cattle feed this evening. No real protein in there, but there's lots of vitamins and minerals. I could give it to our fowl also, but I decided cattle get it this time 👍
IMG_20221002_151315401.jpg

Conclusion... If you got a kitchen aid stand mixer and lot of tomatoes to strain this is so much better than the hand crank ones. Plus it's made in USA and comes with a lifetime warranty, you really can't go wrong. I give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating..

Last edited: