smoking or Not.......

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
This sounds like a job for a voodoo doll- I made one at work once- it was just a little cute stuffed doll but when I got really, really upset over something (it was a bad time at work right then,) I took out this doll and pictured what (or in somecases who,) had made me so upset and stabbed that little doll repeatedly til my frustration abated. And I mean stbbed- hard and fast and with all my might and with sincere malice. Somehow just finding a diversion for my frustrations relieved them.
I picture a child's tube sock with maybe a little red at the top so it looks vaguely like a cigarette stuffed til nice and round- then take out your aggressions on it- as much as you need and as long as you need til you are over that momentary hump. Focus on the sock-Hate the sock- despise the sock- let the sock know you're boss and you are not going to take it anymore.
I know it sounds silly but it really helped me get over that weak moment. I really felt better relieving the stress when there was no sensible way otherwise to do it.
Hmmmmm- maybe I should make a potato chip doll. And a cupcake doll.............

Keep on going- there is a life after detox.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ummmm ETR you are begining to scare me lol.

RTRchick, dont think.......dont think

we are strong
we are strong
we are strong
:)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
This sounds like a job for a voodoo doll- I made one at work once- it was just a little cute stuffed doll but when I got really, really upset over something (it was a bad time at work right then,) I took out this doll and pictured what (or in somecases who,) had made me so upset and stabbed that little doll repeatedly til my frustration abated. And I mean stbbed- hard and fast and with all my might and with sincere malice. Somehow just finding a diversion for my frustrations relieved them.
I picture a child's tube sock with maybe a little red at the top so it looks vaguely like a cigarette stuffed til nice and round- then take out your aggressions on it- as much as you need and as long as you need til you are over that momentary hump. Focus on the sock-Hate the sock- despise the sock- let the sock know you're boss and you are not going to take it anymore.
I know it sounds silly but it really helped me get over that weak moment. I really felt better relieving the stress when there was no sensible way otherwise to do it.

A potato chip doll...:lol:

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:)

Yep, a voodoo doll would be nice to have about right now....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:

Remind me to never tick you off!!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
It's funny. The ad I see at the bottom of the page is for a sock monkey.

Keep it up folks. You can do it.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ughhhhhh tomorrow is gonna be a tough day, Big test. But I'm not smoking one. nope nope nope.