Your mind does not have room for that thought
Change your thought when that idea happens

You can do it
Be strong
One day at a time :bouquet

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
welll I got done with my test and one of my friends offered me a cigeratte..

But I said no. And bought some green tea. :) I'm proud of myself.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
You didn't offer to shove it down your friend's throat? What self control.

Keep it up.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Okay...I have decided to join you all on your quest to quit smoking. I really need to quit too. I have quit a few times...once with the pill, and I went nuts at the same time, that pill is wicked. I tried the patch, and it leaves big burns on my skin. I have had decent luck with cold turkey, but i always started back as soon as something stressful comes my way.
Anyway this time I am going to try it my 'training my brain' I ordered a CD online this morning that you listen to while you sleep and it promises to give you a non-smoking mentality. I was going to try hypnosis...till I looked them up in the phonebook and realized that they stand for alot of stuff that I don't go along with, so that's out. Anyway I am hoping to quit smoking in my sleep:>) LOL! Apperently within about a week your smoking cuts back huge and within a month you have absolutely no use for it anymore. I pray it works!

Congrats to all of you who are kicking the habit! It must feel so wonderful to smell clean and have no nicotine on your breath! Can't wait to be there too! Keep it up ladies...we're all rooting for you!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Woohoo MorelCabin, quitting in your sleep. That sounds like the way to go!

Its nice having a place to go for encouragement about this. Maybe some other people will join us.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, how is everyone coming along?

Morel, have you noticed a difference yet? or did you get the CD yet? Put the cigarette down and come reply! :p :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Haha! Quail...I should have a real good comeback for that...but I don't! :p I haven't got the CD yet:>)
Well, I am going to make it my solemn duty to help you quit! ;) Or at least be as supportive as I can. :p

Never smoked, so I don't know what it is like, but I think maybe everytime you put that cigarette to your lips, try relating it to something you don't like....how 'bout....that one you are about to light up was sprayed with a skunk! :gig Wanna put that in your lips now?