SS Garden thread 2010, post your pics here!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I got my tater baskets in today, german butterball, kennabec, desiree, red pontiac and I decided to be kind with the landscapers cloth around the baskets.

I also put in 12 broccoli plants today, which all above should have been planted but better late than never.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm down to three weeks before our last freeze day... I can't WAIT to get everything outside...

The melons, cukes, zuchinni, and squash are growing like weeds and taking over my little plant starting shelves... I have 54 tomatoes (9 different varieties) growing fantastic... and 54 hot peppers (6 different varieties), broccoli, cilantro and basil... all inside waiting to be transplanted.

Outside I have peas, cabbage, lettuce, garlic, onions and carrots... but other than the garlic (planted last fall) and peas, nothing is up yet out there.

I'll take pictures once things start actually growing :)

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is my space this year. At this point, I have almost everything planted (not shown in this pic), except for the pumpkins.

415_036.jpg

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, no pics of our garden, but we made $172.00 at our Farmers' Market this morning. Sold out completely. That may not sound like much, but it shows how much our market is growing. We used to have to get into the corn season to make $200 or more. :celebrate :weee

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Radishes and potatoes are up here. Peas, beans, sunflowers, cukes and melons are just starting to pop up.

4629776226_ea4febeafd.jpg

4629196649_014058707d.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow is that how your supposed to plant potatoes? It makes sense. I can never find enough soil to hill up. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Wow is that how your supposed to plant potatoes? It makes sense. I can never find enough soil to hill up. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Never seen it done and couln'd find anything about it online. Just made sense to me. The trenches are already 1/2 full now. Once they are full, I plan to mound on top too. I have a big pile of dirt from tearing sod out of the garden, so that won't be a problem this year. :)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I am so going to try this method next time. I have hilled up and hilled up, and yet still the plants are falling over. It's almost time to harvest; maybe that's part of it. But your way plus my rototiller will be great ! Can't wait to see your results.