SS Garden thread 2010, post your pics here!!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's pics of my onion bed, lettuce bed (yes, I know I have to thin), and my 2 garlic beds.

1343_onion_bed.jpg
1343_lettuce_bed.jpg
1343_garlic_beds.jpg

I'll post more when our big garden starts coming in, especially my extra long row of beans down our fence row.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Lettuce on the left.....I was going to thin, but decided not to and its still growing strong, had some last night and mmmmmm......this picture was taken about a week ago. Now there are peas way up, and the beans are coming as well as the peppers. This is only about 3/4 of the garden, can't fit it all in

217_2010-04-27_164006.jpg

trinityalps

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This is what our garden area looked like a little more than a month ago

1779_img_0017.jpg

Now its really spring

1779_garden1.jpg

1779_garden2.jpg

Because we live deep in the middle of a national forest there are high mountains all around us, so sun light is a big issue as is proper soils. We can expect frosts until June most years but will be near 100 by July 4

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:welcome Wow Trin, those are some gardening challenges! Looks like you've got some nice raised beds to help with the soil issue. I grew up in MT so not quite as extreme but not as easy as KY! I still tease my mom that I've got peonies when she's just had her tulips blooming! Anyway, welcome!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I thought I would go out and take some pictures of the garden this evening, and half of them were ruined because I forgot that I was holding my gloves. So, here are some that turned out. But before that, I look at all that wide open space you guys have, and it makes my heart clench !

I am surprised at how many zucchini are on each plant.
Picture705.jpg

I got corn !
Picture711.jpg

Checked out the surface potatoes with DGD. Had them for dinner!
Picture712.jpg

Looks like the tomatillos may make it after all.
Picture714.jpg

Sunset on the potato patch.
Picture719.jpg

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I look at all that wide open space you guys have, and it makes my heart clench !
big, fat ditto from me!

That's okay, my little postage stamp is doing quite well. Have to post pics later.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
Ldychef2k said:
I look at all that wide open space you guys have, and it makes my heart clench !
big, fat ditto from me!

That's okay, my little postage stamp is doing quite well. Have to post pics later.
I don't know... it seems like I'm always more amazed and fascinated by people's gardens in small spaces. When your space is defined so clearly, you have to get really creative to make it work.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I don't have pictures, but I am super excited about my garden! I didn't think my green beans were gonna make it, but I have four little beans growing now! :weee We've got two little heads of cauilflower, strawberry plantes have yeilded about a dozen berries, I've got 39 onions growing, banana pepper plants are still growing, squash, cukes and zuc's all have flowers and I have my first little yellow squash :D , tomatoes are...doing nothing :/ (still growing so I guess that's good!), and I need to weed my garden really, really REALLY bad. :rolleyes: