Tamlynn's journal that needs an interesting name -I'm a gramma -pics!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I lived in Ogden and worked all across Utah north of I 70. Just one season in 2006.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's a big area. What did you do?

Today's journal:

My breadmaker may be broken! The $15 brand new one I bought at a yard sale 14 years ago. Very sad. Dh is taking it apart (good rainy Saturday activity) hopefully its something we can replace or fix. I just ground a few lbs. of wheat this morning. I guess I'll have to finish this dough the old fashioned way. :(

Last night we heated up the last container of ratatouille I froze last summer. Delish. Hope to make more this summer, have to start looking for Japanese eggplant seeds or starts.

Chicken coop flooded again. This has got to be the last rain of the season, I'm tired of cleaning up the wet food. Will work on re-routing the downspout on that side of the house, but may have to replace all the gutters.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is an avocado on my tree!!! We planted it 3-4 years ago, and had never seen a thing, but now I am excited! Pics to come, because I just love to take pics of my fruit. :D

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made crackers today from Freemotions recipe:

3 cups flour -2 ground wheat and 1 white
1/3 cup butter/oil
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1 cup water

350 for 30 min.

Very good! Dh was teasing me that I wouldn't just go to the store and buy crackers, but he ate his words later. Had to have something to eat with the garlic-dill chevre and tomatoes from the farmer's market. So good.

The fruit trees all look good- starting to bloom and leaf out.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Did you take the pics of your avocado tree? We're still covered in snow here but supposed to get to... 35* today. It will feel like a heat wave! How'd you're bread machine come out?

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Framing fowl, you are keeping me on track! I did take a pic, I just hadn't posted it yet. Ta da:

firstavocado2-10.jpg

A little out of focus, but you can see you big it is. The variety is Holiday, a dwarf tree with large fruit. It hasn't ripened yet, and I may have picked it too soon. Its hard to experiment with only one.

I'm still working with my breadmaker. I've made 3 loaves and none are right yet. Next I'm just going to try my recipe from the old machine. The new one measure ingredients by weight instead of volume and that is harder too.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Avocados, green grass. I'm so envious.

Don't covet dacs, don't covet.

Latest posts