Tamlynn's journal that needs an interesting name -I'm a gramma -pics!

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
P1000405.JPG

Besides these beautiful peach blossoms, and the dozen bulbs my ds planted, spring is pretty much a non-event around here. While the rest of the US is ready to be permanently admitted for cabin fever, we feel like some type of frontier pioneers for enduring 2 weeks of rain. Ah well, such is life in paradise.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Our peaches started blooming also. They do look pretty in all that pink. But the rainstorm today is something I could easily live without. Are you getting any of this. I didn't see how far south it was going?
I think we only have two seasons really, wet and sometimes chilly winter and hot and dry summer. The other two really last only a coupla weeks, barely worth mentioning :lol:

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are expected to get rain tomorrow.

It doesn't even get hot here. 90% of the houses do not have AC. For a week or two in the late summer or fall when the Santa Ana winds come and we don't get the ocean breeze its hot, but it doesn't last long.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sheesh, I still have a couple of weeks at least before my peaches bloom. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I have never lived in a city and thought that there were ordinances aginst things like chickens?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Sheesh, I still have a couple of weeks at least before my peaches bloom. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I have never lived in a city and thought that there were ordinances aginst things like chickens?
Some cities allow them.
We only sort of live in "the city", we are like an island of county surrounded by "city". This community has managed to not get annexed so far. So if you looked at a map, you would think we live in the city, but technically we don't. Confusing enough? My house, which DD lives in is only 3 blocks away and on the outskirts of "the city". Yet that house is "in" the city and she (and me, coz it's my house) has to abide by city rules :(

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The apricot tree forgot to bloom! We are so sad, because last year it only had 3 fruits, and only one survived to ripen. We were really hoping for a good crop this year. What could cause the tree to skip flowering and go straight to leafing? The peaches are all blooming beautifully.

Been discovering new recipes lately. I need to get some buttermilk.

Also discovered my cousin-in-law's real food blog. Very fun. She lives about 2 hours away, but I'd love to get to know her better. Maybe I'll see her at Easter at my aunt's house. http://simplyrealfood.blogspot.com/

Dh and I are trying to cut back on desserts/sweets. Bummer. Going to stock up on fruit at the farmer's market tomorrow.