TanksHill...Roll on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks you guys. The heat worries me a bit but we usually have the really hot heat in Sept.

In that case I figure a sprinkler and some shade should do the trick.

I was going to wait until fall but I'm going to run out of chicken in the freezer before that. :p

I figure a couple weeks in the house, a couple weeks in the mobile coop in my yard with a light then 6 to 8 weeks in the field.

I have found a less expensive source for food as well so I am hoping to keep the cost low.

I am really going to try harder with these birds.

g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So, my wireless router took a crap. I have no idea how to fix it.

I cant get my lap top connected.

I could use my sons computer but since I am most on line in the early a.m. while kids are sleeping that's not going to happen.

That leaves my phone which sucks to type on .
:barnie

I guess I will spend my day in the garden. I need to check calendar and figure out where I'm going to put the new freedom rangers when they come . I still have the americanas and turkeys in the brooder.

Turkey juvinals found my Ca. King snake the other day. They were standing in a row chirping and stomping their feet. Upon further inspection I found they'd cornered the snake under my avocado tree. I shooed the
Turkeys off and let my snake continue on its way.

okay that took way too long to type .

I guess I should get moving for the day . see you later .

G

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
So, my wireless router took a crap. I have no idea how to fix it.

I cant get my lap top connected.

I could use my sons computer but since I am most on line in the early a.m. while kids are sleeping that's not going to happen.

G
How old is it?
Even though its a long-running joke in IT, did you unplug the power, let it set for a few minutes and then plug it in.

*just trying to help* :hide

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks. This has happened before . I have an external modem for the desk top in my son's room . we have to shut it down on a regular basis . this is not the first time I had to re assign the ip for the modem and the router . I just couldn't remember how to do it this time . so I think my dh is working on it now.

I have been thinking about cancelling my dsl am just using my wireless service for internet . more like the phone as a hub . but it is it really cost effective .

Who knows.

G

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
We are doing the $1 movies every tuesday too this summer. I am excited cause they are showing a bunch of movies that we haven't seen yet.

We will probably end up doing 100 chickens this fall, I'm not ordering any more birds in the heat. Nope, not happening. We usually put our order in for the end of September and start butchering over Thanksgiving.

I'll be anxious to hear how the freedom rangers do in comparison.
What's $1 movie?? :idunno

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Lovin....dollar movies are a summertime thing around here. The theaters choose one or more days a week and open the movie up for $1. There is usually a big line and they play older movies,but it is a fun treat for the kids, especially. When it shot and summer starts to drag on.

Hey Gina! When is that auction we were talking about? I know the fair auction is July 2nd. We might go and check it out.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Go to regal cinemas website and do a search for a theater in your area. You can do a search for "regal cinemas, dollar movies" on google and it should bring the regal website up and there should be an option for you to do a theatre search for your town. Every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10am they do $1 movies for the kids. They are not this year's movies but ours is showing some really good ones that my kids haven't seen yet.

I take my "big purse" and pop a bag of popcorn before we leave and put it in two ziploc bags and take everyone a small bottle of water too. Yes, I cheat. :D

They start tomorrow, the first one we'll see is How to Train Your Dragon. We have that movie at home but seeing it on the big screen is totally different. They are showing Yogi Bear and Marmaduke and Shrek Forever After and Despereaux and Ramona and Beezus and Dispicable Me and Open Season 3 and Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs and bunches of others. They show 2 options per day so you could feasibly go twice a week and never see the same movie twice.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awesome! I can't wait....$1 movie, woohoo! Tanks- please let me know how you like those Freedom Rangers. I have been thinking of getting some too.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey all.

Yes Dace the fair auction is the 2nd. I still have not decided if I am going or not. I guess I will need to talk to my husband. I spoke with my niece last night and got the dates she is showing her lamb and the auction info. I guess last year my sil actually bought a cow and pig and had them processed. But she spent more like 5 k as a donation and a write off.

We have a theater called Krikorian here. They do two showings on Tuesdays. 10am and noon. I sneak in snacks and waters as well. This years movies are all new to us because I have not bought any DVD's recently.

So it's Monday again, lets see....

Summer, kids are home and drivig me nuts.

Garden is humming along. I pulled all of my 8 wax bean plants today. They were awfull and not doing well. Something wrong with them. Leaves browing and the plants were supposed to be bush but they kept falling over. :idunno The pumpkins/watermellons and various stuff I planted near the driveway is finally growing. We are due for some warmer weather this week that should help.

Brooder is doing well. Two turkeys are getting tall. 10 chicks are good. I have one Americanna with a yucky butt. Not sure what to do. It is ovbiousally smaller than the rest and not thriving. I dion't want to yank a hunk of poo off it's rear. I think that would hurt. :(

My Azure Standard order comes tomorrow. :ya In prep for it my dh and I cleand up and organized my side of the garage this weekend. I have one wall lined with shelves full of my empty canning jars. So I lined the opposite wall with some new shelves we had out in the barn. Same metal racks with the press board shelves. The thing is they came from dh old shop so they were 10 ft tall. We had to cut 4 inches off but they go all the way to the ceiling. He had a ton of pieces so we spaced them out to fit my canning jars. I hope to have enough stuf canned to transfer and fill the empty shelves.

Well I guess that about it for me. I need to get some chores done, go to the post office, grocery and I got a line on some metal 55 gal clean drums. I want to pick up a few to store chicken feed. The lady said any ammount over 4 and they will be 8 bucks each. I don't need 4 but we will see. I think 2 would work.

Well off I go.

Have a great day.

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
summer --only 1 kid home and I am going nutso also lol

hey gina
my new icemaker came in the mail.....even on large size those suckers seem small LOL do you leave your unit outside under the awning or do you keep it indoors...and do you have small large cubes also :lol:

is this worth it? man I hope so!!! I guess it needs to just keep cranking out cubes...I am in clean phase right now of making cubes and throwing them out to clean out the machine.

says it will crank out alot of cubes...boy at these sizes I need millions

edited to say that it has been running for about 1 hr and the cubes are getting BIGGER weeeeee....not a fan of the bullet cubes but in a pinch you know they will be fine LOL

so far so good---brrr..cold in here HA
up to my eyeballs in cubes Yippee

Status
Not open for further replies.