THE HUNTING THREAD. POST PICS, STORIES, AND RECIPES

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Ticks, you are a responsible young man with the right attitude toward hunting. I hope you have a great season.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, I don't hunt, but I sure like to eat what my husband hunts!

He just got his hunting license and deer tag, so hopefully we will have some deer this season. Means he will be out hunting for my birthday, as it always comes in at that time :rolleyes:

Last year he took our oldest two kids out during youth season. He uses youth season as a time to teach them about safety and how to wait for the deer, how to look for tracks, fresh droppings, etc. Both of the older two kids recognize deer and coyote tracks now, and they are 7 and 9. Our 7 year old shot a 3 point buck last year, with his dad bracing him LOL the kick from the gun knocked him back into this dad. I was NOT happy! They were in the tree stand!!

But, that's how my husband says they learn.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear ya Quail cause Nicole is 3 1/2 and Tony wants to teach her gun safety and messing with guns.....WHAT!---not yet, there is plenty of time...please ya know. Ain't getting past Momma that easy on this one! No means NO...LOL

plenty of time later, and I keep telling not to keep trying to take my baby from me..HA HA

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
My husband starts talking about gun safety with them at the age of 5, and starts taking them out to hunt at age 6.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh no, too early for ME---I will tell Tony that YOU said it is age 20 for safety and age 25 for hunting...HA HA HA HA HA

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
oh no, too early for ME---I will tell Tony that YOU said it is age 20 for safety and age 25 for hunting...HA HA HA HA HA
ROTFL!!

I told my kids they ahve to be 20 before they are allowed to move out, and 25 before they are allowed to marry or get tattoos!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL if we Moms had our way they would never grow up! LOL

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
It's bow season for deer here, lasts until mid January. The weather has been so warm I haven't felt like getting out. I haven't even shot any arrows yet. But the weather is starting to cool down so I better get busy because it will be January before I know it.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Bow season is in here, too, but my husband sold his crossbow. He didn't like his. He got really mad at his last year LOL (I tried explaining it wasn't the bow, but the person using it :p )

He wants to get a compound bow. He likes hunting with those better.

Latest posts