The Iceman Cometh

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Be sure to pee first!
thanks Sal, couldn'ta said that like 2 mins earlier, huh?

dang. you'd think with all the swearing i did out there it would have warmed a LITTLE. nope.

but got everyone in. hopefully. closing the hen house door is kinda like in star wars on the ice planet Hoth ...when they locked everyone in. here's hopin' "luke' aint out there cuz i'm not riding out on a tauntaun to get a wayward hen.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SNOW SNOW SNOW
AND BUCKETS OF IT ARE COMING DOWN

UGH

I hate it literally. Want summer and sun.

So we are predicted for 5-8 inches with ice at my house

my bro in the mts. is up to 12-14 inches with ice...he has about 4 in. on the ground now and we got about 1 in.

all critters bedded down and I am totally prepped for power outage etc. Here we go.....bleck!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh no!!! i've been watching the weather - i have a gal friend in charlotte and i'm hoping they let her go home early from work!

stay warm! good luck! remember that if the power really goes out you can get buckets of chunks of ice out there and put them in your fridge/freezer to keep everything cold.

we'll tune in tomorrow to see what happens. geez. come on summer!!!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have 6 inches of snow down now... expecting another 4 inches, and I'm stuck at work with a 40ish mile drive home.

I really hate winter on days I have to drive in it, but I love that I have studded snow tires so that even if the highway isn't plowed yet I can make it home... slower than usual, but I'll make it home :)

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
First time here in the year I have been in TN to see snow accumulate. I just hope the ice doesn't take the power out. First day the pop door for chickens stayed closed. I wonder what they are doing. Pooping I know. My all electric house will suck if the power goes. Prepare for next year.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
We have about an inch of fluffy snow right now with a estimate of 8 more, snow is not a problem but the ice is and seems that it will miss me by 30 miles. The weather map shows the ice band moving into North Carolina right now.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I WISH we'd get some snow again! It rained here and everything froze

IMG_0217.jpg

but we don't have any real snow in the forecast! If we did it'd warm up and then Mylie wouldn't look like she is going to end up on her butt every time she comes to eat hay lol

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
We are supposed to start getting snow around 8 tonight. Mama nature fooled the forecasters. We already had some.
Rain and sleet earlier, snow and sleet tonight. Oh wow.

Bean pot cooking- check, candles- check, phones charged- check, blankets and warm fuzzy robe- check, thermal undies- check, food in cupboards- check, good books and projects I can work on- check.
Okay, I guess I can put up with it.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
We are supposed to start getting snow around 8 tonight. Mama nature fooled the forecasters. We already had some.
Rain and sleet earlier, snow and sleet tonight. Oh wow.

Bean pot cooking- check, candles- check, phones charged- check, blankets and warm fuzzy robe- check, thermal undies- check, food in cupboards- check, good books and projects I can work on- check.
Okay, I guess I can put up with it.
I see the Arkansas governor declared a state of emergency.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Don't worry BB, you aren't a freak. :D

Xpc, I know what you mean. I was just playing around...I hope you didn't think I was trying to rub anything in.
I think the only person offended was when my description of a so cal person may have hit a bit too close to home. That was in the 80's and those types are no longer around and have devolved into something the forum censors would bleep.

Last summer I had to go into hibernation for the entire season as it stayed 90F or more the whole time. I huddled in my bedroom where the only air conditioner was and never set foot outside until September. It set my house remodeling project back 3 months.