The Iceman Cometh

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Things are just gray, wet and cold so far here. I'm staying off the roads though. Probably really bad for that since this town rarely has a flat road for more than three blocks. We got icy hills all over.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I'm SO damn happy this storm isn't getting us.
We've had our dang share and will probably get some more snow and crud, but right now our weather is nice, we hit 35 today! :lol: and the sun was shining!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
Last summer I had to go into hibernation for the entire season as it stayed 90F or more the whole time. I huddled in my bedroom where the only air conditioner was and never set foot outside until September. It set my house remodeling project back 3 months.
UGH!!!

Last summer, (my first summer here) had 99-103 degree heat for a week! It was record breaking. And guess what? No a.c.!!! I was a miserable wreck and spent the week in the lake or under my house cursing the sun. I HATE THE HEAT!!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
To all of you suffering the awful arctic blast, well, I'm having my first beer of the weekend in your honor.

CHEERS!

Stay warm and safe!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
xpc said:
Last summer I had to go into hibernation for the entire season as it stayed 90F or more the whole time. I huddled in my bedroom where the only air conditioner was and never set foot outside until September. It set my house remodeling project back 3 months.
Woosie.......:gig :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
To all of you suffering the awful arctic blast, well, I'm having my first beer of the weekend in your honor.

CHEERS!

Stay warm and safe!!
It is WINE here.......:D :D :D :ya :clap

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Last summer, (my first summer here) had 99-103 degree heat for a week! It was record breaking. And guess what? No a.c.!!! I was a miserable wreck and spent the week in the lake or under my house cursing the sun. I HATE THE HEAT!!!!!
That's quite a bit higher than normal isn't it?

I have read that there are only four ideal locations in the world with what could be considered perfect weather, the Los Angeles area, Hawaiian islands, southern tip of Africa, and I forget the other one.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
big brown horse said:
That's quite a bit higher than normal isn't it?

I have read that there are only four ideal locations in the world with what could be considered perfect weather, the Los Angeles area, Hawaiian islands, southern tip of Africa, and I forget the other one.
Well, after having the sun one inch from my face for 35 some odd years (but who's countin? ;) ) I think the average weather here is perfect. It reminds me of Ireland.

And yes, that was waaaay higher than normal for this area. Normal day-time highs in the summer are supposed to be 75-80 degrees. Nobody has air conditioning, so everyone was S.O.L. Local shops and businesses shut down. Luckily there are ice-cold, deep lakes to jump into all about the sound. Also the sound itself is freakin ice cold too. Cold enough to give you a headache...colder than Lake Michigan, if you can believe that!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
People stuck everywhere in NC

they can't drive snow at all ---nightmare roads

20 min. work drive for Tony turned into 1 1/2 hrs. to get home

Cars couldn't climb the "tiny" hills on the roads. Rescue helping direct traffic all over the place, cars in ditches, etc. etc. etc.

and only to get worse for NC

I hope NC gets out their 1 snow plow soon..LOL