Trespassing?

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What would you do if a census worker shows up on your property? If you don't fill out your census form they will show up at your door. They are also told to check for more living quarters so they might walk around back.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
What did the house look like? Is there a website for the museum? I LOVE unique old houses!

Growing up, my house was also my mom's antique shop. All of our furniture had price tags, and yup, we all had to work when we were home. I learned "people skills" early on.

Later she moved it out to the barn. Dad installed a buzzer that buzzed into the house when someone was there.

There were always folks roaming around our property b/c mom had fantastic interactive gardens all over the yard.

I don't mind folks popping in from time to time, I do get a bit embarrassed when the place isn't in perfect shape though...:p

I have gotten to be friends with my church lady, she comes by about once a month. (I'm not very religious, and she doesn't mind, I like that.) She also loves all the farm animals hanging around. :)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
What did the house look like? Is there a website for the museum? I LOVE unique old houses!

Growing up, my house was also my mom's antique shop. All of our furniture had price tags, and yup, we all had to work when we were home. I learned "people skills" early on.

Later she moved it out to the barn. Dad installed a buzzer that buzzed into the house when someone was there.

There were always folks roaming around our property b/c mom had fantastic interactive gardens all over the yard.

I don't mind folks popping in from time to time, I do get a bit embarrassed when the place isn't in perfect shape though...:p

I have gotten to be friends with my church lady, she comes by about once a month. (I'm not very religious, and she doesn't mind, I like that.) She also loves all the farm animals hanging around. :)
I grew up surrounded by antiques too, but they weren't for sale. My mother really loved Victorian furniture.

Here's some info on the house:

http://www.torhouse.org/

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
What would you do if a census worker shows up on your property? If you don't fill out your census form they will show up at your door. They are also told to check for more living quarters so they might walk around back.
In sniper school.....

:gig

Couldn't resist

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That house is really cool! I bet you had plenty of people drive by and take pictures. I know I may not have worked the courage to come and ask for a tour, but I definately would have taken some pictures from the road!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Census workers. If they come to the door and ask, that's fine, but I come home to anyone "snooping" around it's not good.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Javamama said:
What is it with the people selling meat out of trucks? Yeah, like I want to buy your extra meat :sick
I know, right?!

We had a couple guys come up a little over a month ago. Ticks me off that they come to my door trying to peddle meat.

He knocked on my door and handed me the flier of "meats" available from his truck and I pointed out to my field.

Conversation that followed:

Me: see what's in my field over there?
him: uh, yea..are those cows?
me: Yep, and that's where my beef comes from.
*he looks around*
Him: what do you got here? i see turkeys, chickens, and cows...no pigs?
Me: don't get me started on PIGS and no, I don't want any pork from you either!

He kind of shuffled off my porch and said ok have a nice day and I said good riddance!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL

We had those guys pull up in our yard too. Adam was interested and went and looked to see what they had to offer, but you know what meat frozen in the back of a truck is just not appealing to me. I told hubby that if we are going to start trying to do steaks right, we would buy meat on the hoof or buy from where we at least know where it comes from. I don't see anything special about meat from the back of a truck.