Turmeric Milk

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's good to know - I was wondering if the tumeric was the "active ingredient" or if it was a combo of the tumeric and some of the good stuff in the raw milk.

And howdy, Chipmunk, to a fellow Jawjun :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I made this concoction for my dh, as he is coming down with a bug. He said it was nice. I premixed some up for him, and told him to take a heaping tsp full in two cups of warm milk and add a bit of honey, if he needed some while I was out today.

Now can someone come up with a sleepytime concoction for my ds? What herbs/spices might work well for that? We already do camomile tea, but it's nice to have a variety, and warm milk at night just seems nice.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I made this concoction for my dh, as he is coming down with a bug. He said it was nice. I premixed some up for him, and told him to take a heaping tsp full in two cups of warm milk and add a bit of honey, if he needed some while I was out today.

Now can someone come up with a sleepytime concoction for my ds? What herbs/spices might work well for that? We already do camomile tea, but it's nice to have a variety, and warm milk at night just seems nice.
Catnip has a calming effect on humans, but it doesn't taste all that great - not bad, just not *good* :). I would suggest a tea with catnip and peppermint, and a little honey if he prefers it sweet. I find that valarian is good for slowing down my mind, on those evenings when the mind won't slow down on its own, and helping me drift off. I use tablets, as valarian isn't easily available in tea form, I don't think. But I don't know about this and kids, so I would suggest some research before giving him any.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Awesome. I have LOTS of catnip-it grows wild around here and I harvested some for my cats. We have tried it it tea form, and I actually don't mind it. I think ds had it too.

Latest posts